⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Introducing Zombie Survival : Redeemed Edition

Time for a quick update, today 09-03-2021 :

DONE :

- Achievements / achievement system : all the original ones are there + added a shitton of new ones that are earned in different ways (killing, finishing maps, doing specific actions etc). There are around 200 achievements now, and maybe a bunch of new ones could be added later :gmod:

- Reward unlocking system : getting an achievement can unlock a title and/or player icon

- Titles implementation

- Player icons (in progress, I've got the help of Mansen for the design part)

- Added a few other skins / toys in the shop

Next TODOs :

- Add the icon designs

- Polish the existing upgrades / add a few new upgrades

- Work on a challenge system (to be defined yet)

Edited by Chikennugget1

by the way, I'm willing to use my youtube channel to provide exposure to the server (doing it completely on my own, for free, dw) if that's okay for the admins of this project I will gladly do it :) I got around 2.5k subs since I'm known in another community of another game. If any of the admins wanna add me to talk about it add me on steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/theactualloogiah)    and I'll give you my info, so that I don't spam it here ^^

another "shower thought": I'd really like if the mode was still fast paced and frenetic like those videos in another thread showcasing old ZS gameplay.

3 minutes ago, loogiah said:

by the way, I'm willing to use my youtube channel to provide exposure to the server (doing it completely on my own, for free, dw) if that's okay for the admins of this project I will gladly do it :) I got around 2.5k subs since I'm known in another community of another game. If any of the admins wanna add me to talk about it add me on steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/theactualloogiah)    and I'll give you my info, so that I don't spam it here ^^

another "shower thought": I'd really like if the mode was still fast paced and frenetic like those videos in another thread showcasing old ZS gameplay.

No problem with showcasing gameplay during the demos or when the game is released. More visibility is a good thing ;)

Also the videos on the other thread are actual videos from the demos, so yeah the gameplay is and will remain fast-paced and such :D

• 3 weeks later...

Another quick update as of today 15/04/2021

DONE

- Masteries system (what once was called "challenges"), see below.

- Icon designs (well, I've got some of them in the game, Mansen is doing the others)

- Added the "sometimes I dream about cheese" and other voices for human players

- Added a few zombie skins and a few new guns

TODO

- Polish the masteries and make sure they all work (we will need a demo for this, I'm afraid :V) + do a menu for displaying information about them

- Admin menu + fix the chat commands

- Headcrab fixes

- Minor fixes / changes

So, what are masteries ?

It's basically a weapon / zombie class levelling system. See, humans have to kill to get new guns, that's a vertical levelling. More kills = better guns.

With masteries it's an horizontal levelling. You can now improve every weapon to increase some of their stats (damage, firing rate, amount of ammo regen and such) and unlock a "unique" bonus, depending on the weapon (well,  some weapons currently share similar bonuses, but this could be changed later).

The same goes for the zombies. Each class can be improved to increase some stats (health, speed, damage etc) and they get a specific perk at the end.

The stats aren't changed that much, we're talking about small numbers. It's not supposed to be gamebreaking, but it will help players that have difficults getting new weapons or that would like to stick with specific ones.

Also, the stats increase and perks are weapon-dependent. You need to equip the weapon to have the stats and perks active.

Weapons and classes have a maximum of 5 levels. When getting a weapon or picking a zombie class for the first time, you start at level 1.

Levels aren't permanent, starting a new game/map will reset everything to zero. It's like a MOBA where you have to level up your character.

Earning XP is usually done by killing players, but for the sake of accessibility, it can also be earned through damaging others : damaging a player gives you a small amount of XP. Killing a player gives you a fixed amount of XP + the XP earned from damaging them.

Zombies can also earn XP by damaging/breaking func_breakable props (breakable walls, planks), and they get a few XP whenever a human dies.

It's still work in progress so this may change a bit, but you see the point.

Just a few examples of masteries, to give you an idea :

Usp45 : Lvl2 = precision increase, lvl3 = damage increase. lvl4 = more ammo from ammo regen, lvl 5 = heals you 5 HP when you kill a zombie

Mp5 : Lvl2 = Precision increase, lvl3 = firing rate increase, lvl4 = damage increase, lvl5 = You have a 15% damage resistance when infliction is over 75%

Zombie : Lvl2 = health increase, lvl3 = speed increase, lvl4 = propkill force increased, lvl5 = 30% chances to respawn on your death spot, maximum twice (this was in the original ZS but for some reason it got removed, so I brought it back here :V )

Fast Headcrab : lvl 2 & 3 = health increase, lvl4 = speed increase, lvl5 = perma regeneration (2HP / second)

When is the next demo ?

Hopefully soon :V

I wanted to do this at the end of the month but this is going to be tight, I'll post about it whenever the game will be ready for a demo.

Edited by Chikennugget1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some youtuber used old server gameplay in his video 😆

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODO

- Polish the masteries and make sure they all work (we will need a demo for this, I'm afraid :V) + do a menu for displaying information about them

- Headcrab fixes

- Minor fixes / changes

- Buttcramps 😅

Edited by hausas
On 5/9/2021 at 12:57 PM, hausas said:

Some youtuber used old server gameplay in his video 😆

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODO

- Polish the masteries and make sure they all work (we will need a demo for this, I'm afraid :V) + do a menu for displaying information about them

- Headcrab fixes

- Minor fixes / changes

- Buttcramps 😅

Noes :< Else you can say adios to zs_lifescience :<

I haven't posted but the last TODOs are somewhat done, minus the headcrab fix for which I have trouble seeing what's really wrong with its hitbox :<

I'll make a new topic for the public demo soon 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been quite some time since the last update.

Done :

- Daily missions system

- Small UI rework 

TODO :

- Mr Green account linking

I will have other stuff to do, but I think I can consider the mod ready for a release after I'm done with the account linking.

Future developments / changes will be released on the live mod.

Edited by Chikennugget1