Mr. Green Gaming

Zombie Survival : Redeemed Edition public demo ! [20/11/20 - 22/11/20]

Hi fellow survivors ! :mr-green:

I'm happy to announce that a public demo weekend for Zombie Survival : Redeemed Demo is planned for the following dates :

Friday, November 20th at 19:00:00 GMT time to Sunday, November 22nd 23:59:59

In the mean time, a private test demo is planned this week to make a few adjustments / optimizations.

Server IP is  : 5.2.65.5:22054

Please note that the following content won't be part of the demo :

- Greenshop

- Achievements

- Unlockable content

- General Menu (aka F1 / help menu, thought there might be a placeholder menu for the demo)

If you join the game during the demo weekend, you will be able to earn Greencoins that will be added to your account when the final mod will be released !

Participants will also get an exclusive in-game title that will be awarded on release  !

Make sure to join the Mr Green Gaming Discord to have fun with us during that weekend !

More details will be added in this topic in the next days !

See you during the zombie apocalypse ! :gmod:

Here is a little clip taken during this weekend's private demo (first link doesnt work, watch the other one) :

Edited by Chikennugget1

So I played on the demo today and these are the bugs I discovered:

• I spawned in once and had no hud, couldn't type in chat and was the gray freeman model, fixed when I typed retry in console.
  • Knife attack speed might be the reason its animation doesn't play when attacking a player or surface.
  • You should use SWEP.HoldType = "knife"
  • Maybe move the pistols to slot 2? Also I'm not sure why you spawn with 2
  • Hitting a zombie with a melee while they are jumping sends them flying, not sure if intended or not
23 minutes ago, Yushe said:

So I played on the demo today and these are the bugs I discovered:

• I spawned in once and had no hud, couldn't type in chat and was the gray freeman model, fixed when I typed retry in console.
  • Knife attack speed might be the reason its animation doesn't play when attacking a player or surface.
  • You should use SWEP.HoldType = "knife"
  • Maybe move the pistols to slot 2? Also I'm not sure why you spawn with 2
  • Hitting a zombie with a melee while they are jumping sends them flying, not sure if intended or not

Thanks ! I took note.

For the multiple pistols, this was probably because of the deathspawn bug that killed players standing on spawning points while another player pops in. Appearing there made you pickup their weapons dropped on the floor. The spawn bug is fixed so you should have your usual weapons now.

1 hour ago, SOUR said:

Here is my map, feel free to test it out! First map that i have ported over from css to Gmod so i have no idea if its working, but it should since Gmod and css runs on the same engine and uses the same props! Feedback is always welcome.

zs_countrylake.bsp 6.73 MB · 0 downloads

I will try it asap along with some other new maps ! I will add these to the demo but eventually they'll be probably in a separate mapcycle for the final release ;)

It's been so many years since i wrote something here, and i was an eager zombie mod player back in the days. I remember purchasing an in game title "Boobs? Yes please" for unknown reasons as well! It must have been what, 10+ years ago, or even longer? Sad that my old website account doesn't exist any more tho (or so i think). It doesn't matter. I've stepped by the website every now and then to check for updates, and i must say that I'm glad to see the zombie mod is coming to life once more!

Edited by Game-Zone
9 hours ago, Sukkerpups said:

Sad that my old website account doesn't exist any more tho (or so i think). It doesn't matter.

If you want your old account back. PM me with any information regarding that account (Like username or email) and I will look it out for you. Then we will be sure if its gone or not. 

Hi everyone ! :mr-green:

Just a reminder that the server will open on time, aka tomorrow at 19:00:00 GMT

The server name is Mr Green Zombie Survival Redeemed Edition.

If you can't find it in the server list, open the console in Gmod and type : connect 5.2.65.5:22054

No password needed.

Also, a few things to do before joining :

Make sure you have Counter Strike Source installed, else you'll have missing textures and models.

It is also highly recommended to have Half Life 2 Episode 1 & 2 installed as some maps use content from these games.

Finally, make sure to clear your garrysmod/download folder, especially the garrysmod/download/sounds/mrgreen folder

For those who attended last weekend's private demo, this folder should be cleared because it contains broken audio files.

They are fixed now but you will need to download the new ones.

Make sure to also delete the modelsounds.cache file in the /garrysmod folder as it can contain remnants of the broken audio.

See you tomorrow !