Jump to content

Zombie Survival : Redeemed Edition public demo ! [20/11/20 - 22/11/20]


Recommended Posts

On 11/18/2020 at 7:30 AM, Cena said:

If you want your old account back. PM me with any information regarding that account (Like username or email) and I will look it out for you. Then we will be sure if its gone or not. 

I'l try to dig up that information. It's been a while, so i'm not quite sure if i remember everything correctly. I'l get back to you regarding this. Thanks by the way!

Link to post
7 hours ago, WaffleCopter said:

It's been 10 years god damn I wonder if there will be a level up system, points for resupply/gun crates and unlockables

For this Demo we are just testing how the gameplay runs and the server, we will have 2 servers eventually with one of them the good ol ZS version with no cading, and the other version with Cading/boss/gun crate

Link to post

Haha just hopped on this morning and nobody is around, crazy to see some familiar faces in this thread. I got the notification from the Steam group and will definitely have to join you all tonight when things heat up. I thought I was a vet at first, but I didn't join the scene until there were classes, weapon crates and cading, loved kiting around as a medic with the guaranteed magnum spawn I'd bought as my first upgrade in the shop. Glad to see there'll be 2 servers to accommodate for those who were more used to the cading playstyle, I just hope it wont split the player base too much and a healthy community can form again once this mod is officially released.

Link to post
On 11/21/2020 at 2:30 AM, SOUR said:

For this Demo we are just testing how the gameplay runs and the server, we will have 2 servers eventually with one of them the good ol ZS version with no cading, and the other version with Cading/boss/gun crate

I thought bosses wouldn't be a thing in the secondary server considering how bosses were one of the factors that took away the fun in ZS as a whole (not just in this server), but I guess they could be bearable with a few adjustments. (If they're in the end added at all) However with the main server demo I must say I am fairly pleased with the results thus far, sure, it still needs work here and there. But for the most part, I am liking how it has turned out and I hope others feel in a similar manner too. One thing I really miss is having human classes/perks as it was the case back in 2010-ish.

Edited by Kashio
Link to post
1 hour ago, Kashio said:

I thought bosses wouldn't be a thing in the secondary server considering how bosses were one of the factors that took away the fun in ZS as a whole (not just in this server), but I guess they could be bearable with a few adjustments. (If they're in the end added at all) However with the main server demo I must say I am fairly pleased with the results thus far, sure, it still needs work here and there. But for the most part, I am liking how it has turned out and I hope others feel in a similar manner too. One thing I really miss is having human classes/perks as it was the case back in 2010-ish.

I might be wrong about the cading! More info will come soon people! The lvl perks was the thing that got me hyped actually, I remember the mini turret you had on your shoulder i worked so hard for that as a little kid

Edited by SOUR
Link to post
1 hour ago, SOUR said:

I might be wrong about the cading! More info will come soon people! The lvl perks was the thing that got me hyped actually, I remember the mini turret you had on your shoulder i worked so hard for that as a little kid

Hope it'll be implemented, I think cading is all in all a positive thing for ZS (even if the cading system isn't super complex) and honestly I agree, the Killing Floor perk system in ZS actually felt very natural as implemented in Mr. Green's ZS, as in for the mini turret on the shoulder, I don't remember such thing, I only really played Mr. Green's from 2010 to 2011-ish for the most part.

Link to post

Playing this version of ZS made me realize how empty it was compared to the classes version that deluvas had created. I still hold my opinion i have had for a long time. The version deluvas made was and still is the best iteration of zombie survival that was created to me. It has a very good balance overall and gives people with different playstyles a concrete choice. I cannot see myself playing the very old version, but I would once in a while drop into the version with the human classes and cading. 

This is not to discredit the work that has been gone into it though, it is amazing that you managed to get it working as if things had never changed (with only a few changes needed to match this version of ZS).

Link to post
  • Greens
53 minutes ago, Damien said:

Playing this version of ZS made me realize how empty it was compared to the classes version that deluvas had created. I still hold my opinion i have had for a long time. The version deluvas made was and still is the best iteration of zombie survival that was created to me. It has a very good balance overall and gives people with different playstyles a concrete choice. I cannot see myself playing the very old version, but I would once in a while drop into the version with the human classes and cading. 

This is not to discredit the work that has been gone into it though, it is amazing that you managed to get it working as if things had never changed (with only a few changes needed to match this version of ZS).

It's a matter of tastes. Some people would prefer the old-school vanilla gameplay while others may prefer the one with classes.

Deluvas did indeed a good job with that one, but I've always wanted to play the version pre-Deluvas again, so I made it and I perfectly understand that it may not appeal to everyone. It's a niche game after all.

Link to post
  • Greens
38 minutes ago, Mr. Darkness said:

I would like to contribute to the existing code by refreshing the feel of the game. Perhaps attempt on improving some mechanics while maintaining the arcade style gameplay.

Any help is welcome, but keep in mind that I will design the direction the game will take (which means if I say no Howler, there will be no Howler :V )

Don't want to sound like a dictator or such, but nobody cared or tried to revive ZS 2009 for a decade. It took me some time to restore the game, and what has been playable so far was just the base.

I have projects for it in the future ;)

Edited by Chikennugget1
Link to post
3 hours ago, Damien said:

Playing this version of ZS made me realize how empty it was compared to the classes version that deluvas had created. I still hold my opinion i have had for a long time. The version deluvas made was and still is the best iteration of zombie survival that was created to me. It has a very good balance overall and gives people with different playstyles a concrete choice. I cannot see myself playing the very old version, but I would once in a while drop into the version with the human classes and cading. 

This is not to discredit the work that has been gone into it though, it is amazing that you managed to get it working as if things had never changed (with only a few changes needed to match this version of ZS).

Whilst this was also my favourite iteration to play (I never played zs pre Deluvas days), I would definitely have to interject maybe the balance wasn't perfect! The classes were fairly balanced for sure and they had great synergy, can certainly remember sticking together with power classes like Damien's commando or the berserkers who'd always need topping off. But certain upgrades in the green coin shop combined with some classes could potentially make you very hard to kill, compared to a new player anyway.

Medic's healing rate in particular was very strange, you'd heal 1 health per 1 kit charge until level 4 where you could then heal others at a 2:1 ratio and yourself for 2:1 at level 5, once you'd hit that you suddenly turned from mediocre to a very hard to kill kiting machine as you could also heal yourself on the move and your med kit recharged over time. Commando, engineer and support were fairly balanced mostly but a berserker that had bought every upgrade in the gc shop would commonly be the final survivor due to taking much less damage, moving much faster then normal zombies, healing up with melee off of fast zombies and using their guaranteed auto shotgun they received as last survivor via an upgrade when confronted with larger roadblocks blocking their path.

Additional note edit: I did still enjoy this version of zs though, it was really nostalgic playing on the old maps and just instinctively remembering where people would usually go. There were so many familiar names, will definitely be peeking my head in every so often upon the full release, even without the classes it has bought me back to the old days. You're doing gods work!

Edited by Jason0905
Link to post

I concur, Deluvas' version (L4G) was my favourite, but pre-Deluvas' version (Classic) is still leagues ahead of modern ZS, my personal favourite perks/classes to play were Medic and Berserker back then, listening to Shadows screaming in the microphone was psychotic, chaotic yet funny. I just hope I can experience both versions, still looking forward to the L4G version being revived, but definitely Classic being revived has made me smile during these weekends, even if they were just demos. Can't wait to see the full thing once both are properly worked on! Definitely excited for both. I do really trust in the current developers to restore Green's ZS glory.

Edited by Kashio
Link to post
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...