Mr. Green Gaming

Opinions on a possible FTB Revelations SMP server

AfuSensi

FTB Revelation SMP server  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play on this server?

Hey,

@ciken suggested a new type of SMP server with a modpack called FTB Revelations.

This is a total conversion mod that basically turns minecraft into another game, with much deeper progression and tons of new features.

Revelation is a general all-purpose modpack with optimal FPS, server performance and stability. This is the largest pack ever built to date by the Feed The Beast Team. Ongoing development, support and updates ensure you will have the best experience as a player whether your a seasoned player or new to modded Minecraft.

Revelation is not a themed pack nor a focused pack, its a pack designed to cater to a large amount of players, whether you like tech mods, magic mods, exploration, building or all of those then this pack is for you. With a Forge Mod Loader count of well over 200, this pack has most everything a player is looking for with performance and stability being the main focus of design and mod choice. Minimal changes have been made to the mods so you experience each mod the way the developers intended. Also this proves very helpful when learning new mods using a Wiki.

Large well-known mods such as EnderIO, Applied Energistics, Thaumcraft, Botania, Thermal Expansion, Immersive Engineering and Project Red are present in Revelation, as well as some lesser known mods like Rustic, Gadgetry, Thuts Elevators and Xnet. Twilight Forest also makes a comeback in Revelation v2.0.0+ for all the players that enjoy exploration.

Whether you want to build in a cave and reach the end of progression in a week, or build complex bases loaded with tech and magic infrastructure all while armoring up to take on the bosses in Twilight Forest, then Revelation is the perfect modpack for you.

Mod list

FTB Revelation videos

As it's very different from vanilla minecraft and could be an interesting and refreshing server.
If you have questions about the mod, @ciken should be able to answer them.

What do you guys think about starting such a server?

I kinda like the concept, but I'd be hyped for a Mr. Green-specific modpack that could perhaps exist within the Technic Launcher even more if I am honest. Perhaps have some mods that already exist and mix them up in a particular way, but initially this does sound pretty good as well actually, I'd definitely be up for it even though I normally play vanilla the most! I am in support of this.

Yes, even tho the base version is older, I'm pretty sure the various mods will outweigh the missing features from 1.13 to 1.16; 1.12 has been the version for big modpacks for a while now, and while i haven't played much of them i played older modpacks years ago from versions of minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.10 the most recent one, also i never played a modpack in multiplayer so it would be a very refreshing experience, I just hope it's a balanced modpack with nice industrial or technological involvment with depth without being too complicated (i don't want spend 5 minute to craft a screwdriver scissor or nails that would last for 2 hours(there was a mod like that somewhere, too much complicated)) or unfair (i don't like rlcraft)

Yes, I like this idea. BUT, it's too early to add this feature. At one point, the survival server will kinda die. You can't play survival forever, it gets boring when you've done everything you can. Now when we eventually stop playing on the survival server, you should add this. It's a fresh start with a lot more features. I've played a lot of modded minecraft servers/launchers and it's actually way more fun than default Minecraft. More minerals, building options, things to do,...

So yeah, I'm down for this but not yet.

Edited by Knul