Mr. Green Gaming

TF2 shop item descriptions

Clavus

The Pyro jetpack should be have maybe half the current amount of ammo to use. I mean, I have the double ammo item and because of that, I can make one jump, maybe two.

It takes roughly 100 ammo to get the same height as a scout doublejump, maybe more. I know it's just for quick little jumps and things, but I can't even get one decent jump in before running out of ammo.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic, huh?

Why not sell ALL items? There are more there that look really cool.

We made a choice of what would fit best, without annoying other players.

The Pyro jetpack should be have maybe half the current amount of ammo to use. I mean, I have the double ammo item and because of that, I can make one jump, maybe two.

It takes roughly 100 ammo to get the same height as a scout doublejump, maybe more. I know it's just for quick little jumps and things, but I can't even get one decent jump in before running out of ammo.

The ammo usage is fine as it is. Yes it takes a lot, but it allows you to get to places and gives you more flanking options. Fair trade-off.

The ammo usage is fine as it is. Yes it takes a lot, but it allows you to get to places and gives you more flanking options. Fair trade-off.

Yeah, or else it will be a bit overpowerd imo

Edited by Scream

But ... it doesn't allow you to get to places and flank people. You spend ALL your ammo on your jump. Can I have some examples of where I can jump and still have enough ammo to, ya know, attack?

You can get pretty high without spending ALL your ammo, and if you can kill someone you can pick up their weapon so you have more ammo.

But ... it doesn't allow you to get to places and flank people. You spend ALL your ammo on your jump. Can I have some examples of where I can jump and still have enough ammo to, ya know, attack?

Like Grasshopper said: the top of point B in gravelpit. Or at point C you can scale the tower much faster. Or at the building at the third cap in Badwater. Or the second cap of the first stage in Dustbowl, you can easily take shortcuts to higher platforms.

Those are just a few examples. Use the jetpack for short bursts, it won't send you into orbit.

i think the medic upgrades are overpowered... there are too many uebers on the the server now, its not about skill anymore imo (especially the upgraded combo heavy+medic) :-/ engineers have no chance against a team with 3 super-charger medics. what u guys think about that?

Edited by Wally

i think the medic upgrades are overpowered... there are too many uebers on the the server now, its not about skill anymore imo :-/ engineers have no chance against a team with 3 super-charger medics. what u guys think about that?

Indeed, teams that have a "supermedic" and a good Demoman have a guaranteed win.

I mean it's ok to have a faster ubercharge, but not automatic refill. What I see now is, many people just stay at their spawn, havin' a bud, doin' nothin', 'till their charge is full. Some assholes even just refuse to freakin' heal others and just stand there talking (not calling names).

So it would be better if Medics are charged faster by healing others, not by doing nothing. You admins still want people to show SOME skill right?

BTW: I totally suck at Metal Hopping. Last time I succeeded to get on a roof in Hoodoo at once, but I can't seem to do it anymore. Any tips?

Edited by BlueYoshi97

i just played on the pl server and there where only heavys with super-charger medics... this is so boring, the server is fucked up... nobody is going engineer anymore, mr green should be proud...

I agree with wally the teams are super stacked. there are always the same 6 guys in one team and only playing heavy medic with there super charges. i never complained before but this is just epic i always could make a change in the fail team but against 3 medic heavy pairs with 3 fast ubers its just impossible. i play medic asswell with fast uber but if they got 3 fast ubers and camping for there ubers in corners:-( (epic) they got much more ubers and just win the match in 1/2 minutes. i have seen a lot of guys (this guys playing for 1/2 years in the servers now) just leaving this server of this epic things happening in the pl server. my favorite class is medic and i would say, just delete the fast uber. thats the whole problem. or just make the price of the fast uber not 6500 but 20000. its so much advantage. then there are not so many guys with the fast uber and is it still fun. and this is one of the reasons nobody plays engi any more.

BTW: I totally suck at Metal Hopping. Last time I succeeded to get on a roof in Hoodoo at once, but I can't seem to do it anymore. Any tips?

The hopping power increases if you build it to level 3 and allow the dispenser to regenerate some metal.

I know, but usually I just go up vertical. It's hard to get on something like that. Oh well, probably me though.

Who would want to play Engie these days, everything is good against it.

i don't actually care about it (maybe because I don't play pl) because there was always some donator with fast uber charge and sometimes 2 who'd just launch it right after each other. You get used to that.

that where only 5 guys i remember including me. but they never played all together in one team and not even played all every time medic. now you got a lot of guys that all want the fast uber. because that's the big advantage. so now you got more guys with fast ubers and the guys that donated before for there fast ubers in the old system don't even playing any more because this is happened and because there was a epic class update (soldier/demo that fucked up the game a little bit). i would like to see the guys with non fast ubers. then you can see again who are the best medics. i got the fast uber ass well but i dont care if i loose it i played medic before the donater stuff but i had still a good score so. and that would be a good change for the pl server.

i play in the cp server ass well but in the cp server it isn't so stacked. but i play now 2/3 years in the pl server and dont want to leave the server. but if this still going on i will make a change to the cp/ctf server and or the koth server (but there are not many good players in koth so that's boring)

''charge and sometimes 2 who'd just launch it right after each other. You get used to that.''

not every minute i believe. thats just the problem in pl

and engie yeah its fucked up with the new class update. they got too much advantage if they shoot pipebombs at your sentry or rockets. i think they got more damage now. check i dont think that its true. never saw a demo destroying a sentry with 2 epic pipebombs before. its just annoying to play engie right now.

It turned somewhat worse for the turtling engie, but the offensive engie is still fun to play. Just never build more than a level 1 sentry on the biggest hotspots and lure people in it, while attacking them with your shotgun at the same time. Works wonders.

On another note, I remember the word 'stacking' only to be used when one team actually had more players than the other. Now it's just friends who join one team, and thus have an advantage in teamwork, nothing more. But that's the whole point of the game, the team with the most teamwork wins.

It turned somewhat worse for the turtling engie, but the offensive engie is still fun to play. Just never build more than a level 1 sentry on the biggest hotspots and lure people in it, while attacking them with your shotgun at the same time. Works wonders.

On another note, I remember the word 'stacking' only to be used when one team actually had more players than the other. Now it's just friends who join one team, and thus have an advantage in teamwork, nothing more. But that's the whole point of the game, the team with the most teamwork wins.

If you think that giving all the fast-ubers on a good player and always joining the winnig team is teamwork i dont get it. and i always talking against the players what they need to do but thats just not a go because that 6 guys just always come with an uber just hiding around a corner or the medic is camping at spawn for a uber;-/. and i dont think this is teamwork. they dont even need teamwork for so much fast ubers;-/.

good teamplay and stacked teams is a big difference. rogue is right that the same players always look which team seems to be better and join it... and if it still loses they go spectator and join the other, thats just lame... i always change the team if its stacked and boring. before the shop opened i could manage to make a loosing team even win, but now this seems impossible. most people don't want a good game, they just want to make lots of points to think they are good players... but the real good players actually don't play anymore on the server because of this. i miss the I.guys and other good and fair players. please think about that, because the server is getting boring for good player who don't use the shop advantages in this unfair way many people now do.

edit: and its not teamplay when a heavy has his personal super-charger which only heals him and gives him the uebers... this is EGOPLAY

Edited by Wally

i miss the I.guys and other good and fair players. please think about that, because the server is getting boring for good player who don't use the shop advantages in this unfair way many people now do.

yeah i see a lot of guys just leaving this server for that and there are more guys that want to leave it. and that are all guys that play for 2 years now in the server and know how to play it right.

read careful, the shop is ok. but the super-charger is the main reason for this problem. just take this item out of the shop and u still get ur money and i think the game will become interesting again.

me as MEDIC agrees with that. the self healer of the medic is good enough