Mr. Green Gaming

[ZS] Disadvantages and suggestions...

Problems to discuss:

1)Ive just want to compare Engineers with Commandos... As the skills both lvl up there is great difference between

Engineers have more chance to spawn with pulser (than commando with rifle at same lvl) , pulser regen ammo (commandos rifles dont), engineers pulser can get increased clip size (commandos cannot increase clip size), pulser is much lighter that gives engineers ability to run faster with it (commandos concept), i dont even care about tripmines and other stuff.

2)"Bulletsucker" five-seven problem, even you have ammu man upgrade it is still not enough, what is more annoying that when you spawn with magnum it can reward your 57 back! (what the hell?), Compare berserkers deagle and commandos 57, ammo regen is 18 bullets at every skill...

I think there should be a command that can hold on your weapon so it wont change as you score will increase, or supplies you will get, i find it really awesome to fight poison headcrabs with shotgun or glock on long distances...

There even no point in increasing magazine size for commando skill... think if it is main attacking skill what mostly it needs? Speed, increased speed with primary weapons so he can operate faster, or what is more vital, more bullets for ammo regen.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In addition to PEPPER, I'd like to say the following:

It is very hard for commando to level from 2 tot 4, as you need to kill a total of 900 headcrabs and 4500 zombies with a RIFLE, that means with an assault rifle or the SAW(which I love at its current power). You can get a rifle from 25 score and the saw at 45 score, but it gets taken away when you have a score of 55. I'd really like the old system back in which you could get multiple weapons.

And this frustrates me the most: the system which rewards you with weapons at a certain score-level is great, BUT you can still get good guns from supplies when you have a lower score, which sucks a lot because every average joe noob can get big guns from the supplies. (olicharch big gun pros harvesting gc ftw)

And last, I miss AWP and 1-hit propkills

Regardz,

Evolve

Guys, guys, guys .. Listen. I intended on fixing those problems, as well as balancing the game, etc.. but I got some problems recently and I couldn't finish the update. (and I mean, serious problems). I don't know how much they will last, probably I won't even get my stuff back (got some bad news lately). Also, I am thinking of starting from (almost) scratch, if necessary. It's not that I don't care about your complaints. I read each one and I feel powerless at the moment. Have more trust :D

I don't really get the scratch thing but well..^^

Yeah, I would say bring back Old ZS xD

Classes are problematic when you see the complaints about various things (sometimes that's perks problems, now weapons/ammo etc...).

Delu does a good job but there are too much things in this ZS compared to the old ZS(I bet someone will say "that's Call of IW:Killing floor survival ..."), and the class system should be modified (changing the classes which get most of the problems, removing them or mixing two classes but ensuring that's not an OP class, something like that..).

Or, basically, you remove classes, and keep only two of them, which as I suggested once in another topic, are a "normal" class, the one everyone played before the class apparitions, and a melee one (can only use melee weapons and has berserker's abilities).

Or, crazy idea, what about a custom class list?

Like in MW2, sort of.You choose a few abilities, his type of weapons etc...?

I hope Deluvas' problems will be wiped out soon, because people don't have infinite patience. I don't like the idea of removing classes as well as shop items, because think of all the experience/GC that is invested in it. If the classes are redone, I want a decent experienceshare based on my previous skill in a class.

I know faaaaaar too much players that are "addicted" to that server because of game content, you should think twice b4 disabling classes, if you will you should be ready to significant player losses... (I dont think it will be right at this phase of server development)

Also, i dont think it is essential to disable supply crates, ppl that made that model work and operate with players wont be pleased cause it was not that easy.

About map circles... it is way too bad

Ravenholm-Cargo-Dead house-Barren-Ravenholm...

There should be at least 8 maps b4 you can play that map again (penalty)

So if you want to play Ravenholm you should wait until 8 other map will pass...

What about player skins?

Each lvl up should give you your permanent skin, so players will have an ability to differ, regular pleyrs fromm noob-ones... well of course there is not as much skins as lvls for each class... but you can always upload some on the server

Something more supply crates should live, it is simple if player is a noob, he is still a noob with smg... it does not take effect on the gamplay, all normal players gain better weapons by killing zombies, other noobs just die

About engies... Tripbombs should inflict damage ONLY to the holder of that bomb... easy way to get rid of them

Edited by PEPPER

Please don't remove commando. I have been playing alot to get to lvl 3 and am still busy getting to lvl 4.

things that dont work and are annoying and the advice in changing it :D :

1. Engineer: mines should damage the engineer that lays them.

2. commando: no increased clip size and the health isnt increased. aura and weapon do work luckily :D

3. Berserkers are a real pain in the ass [i heard you are removing them, so thats the solution :D]

4. some maps should be altered to prevent camping or add more green smoke

5. more admins online

6. Engineers: make it that turrets cant be placed in x metres of spawn

7. supply crates sometimes downgrade your weapon [ galil to smg]

8. Commando: shotty sucks if you are busy levelling to lvl 3 or 4

9. fix the medic class [ i dont know if still isnt working]

10. re-add sniper rifles for support and killing, but handicap the guns.

11. supply crates dont drop on some occasions

p.s: i know you are having problems, but this is just to help you. This is my view only and i dont know if others think the same.

I am still angry about the Berserker nerf. :|. Even tho, it was overpowered at start, but that you basically nerf it completely and give it name "berskerer" Doesn't suit it at all. A berserker that hardly can kill with melee, haha awesome.

But what I am whining about, I left ZS already. IW is alot better :D.

I think the voting system should be like IW.

Just 2 maps to choose. and follow the mapcycle.

I somehow agree with Hundy.

Also.

There is a thing, when peeps choose for a map, also if it has most votes, but suddenly the chosen map becomes a wrong one... well (sorry for grammar)

Ravenholm - 3 Votes

The Forgotten City - 5 Votes

Raunchy house - 0 Votes

Stormier House - 0 Votes

Now the next moment:

Ravenholm - 9 Votes (Lol wtf? 3 was ppl, and 6 was "auto-choose")

The Forgotten City - 6 Votes (5 chosen players and 1 was "auto-choose")

Raunchy house - 1 Vote ("auto-choose")

Stormier house - 2 Votes ("auto-choose")

I mean when people choose 1 map, suddenly an another map was chosen.

I was like

O hey? Why are there so much maps to choose + you can choose the previous map on next round.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

I think the voting system should be like IW.

Just 2 maps to choose. and follow the mapcycle.

I somehow agree with Hundy.

Also.

There is a thing, when peeps choose for a map, also if it has most votes, but suddenly the chosen map becomes a wrong one... well (sorry for grammar)

Ravenholm - 3 Votes

The Forgotten City - 5 Votes

Raunchy house - 0 Votes

Stormier House - 0 Votes

Now the next moment:

Ravenholm - 9 Votes (Lol wtf? 3 was ppl, and 6 was "auto-choose")

The Forgotten City - 6 Votes (5 chosen players and 1 was "auto-choose")

Raunchy house - 1 Vote ("auto-choose")

Stormier house - 2 Votes ("auto-choose")

I mean when people choose 1 map, suddenly an another map was chosen.

I was like

O hey? Why are there so much maps to choose + you can choose the previous map on next round.

I hate doing tunneling quotes, but that's how it works. If you don't vote, it automatically votes for you! (yes, blame those lazy guys). As for the 'follow the mapcycle' .. Well, would you like to play The Pub with 30+ players?! I'm already lowering the maps to vote, from 6 to 3.

1. Engineer: mines should damage the engineer that lays them.

2. commando: no increased clip size and the health isnt increased. aura and weapon do work luckily :D

3. Berserkers are a real pain in the ass [i heard you are removing them, so thats the solution :D]

4. some maps should be altered to prevent camping or add more green smoke

5. more admins online

6. Engineers: make it that turrets cant be placed in x metres of spawn

7. supply crates sometimes downgrade your weapon [ galil to smg]

8. Commando: shotty sucks if you are busy levelling to lvl 3 or 4

9. fix the medic class [ i dont know if still isnt working]

10. re-add sniper rifles for support and killing, but handicap the guns.

11. supply crates dont drop on some occasions

1. Removing mines.

2. Disabled that so I can predict Ironsight.

3. Removing those, too. (Achievement points will be saved, however..I think)

4. Still working on it

5. Uh..I'm on RCON sometimes. I overwatch from HLSW..but you'd do an EXCELLENT ADMIN! I am serious.

6. Removing turret.

7. Supply crates never downgrade the weapon. It compares the weapon to give with your weapon. If the weapon to give has a bigger dps (damage/time), then it replaces it, however I need to update the weapons table.

8. ---

9. Good Idea.

10. They do drop, but the client doesn't see them unless you move around the map. Fixed in the update.

Edited by Deluvas

hmmm... percentage system is the point to argue..

1) Spartan upgrade, so it really decreases total amount of damage but while a commando and you have increased hp (20%) i just wanted to check one thing... lets just think it decrases 15% of total damage

100x1.2=120;

120x1.15=138

Or is it

100x(1.2+0.15)=135

Or it is just

100x1.15=115 (i just count as if there is only normal zombie so i count damage decrease as max hp)

Also with aura damage, while standing near commando you get damage increased, so if there are 5 commandos near does damage to the zombies get multiplied? (if so, i have one idea for the next achievment...)

I nearly forgot: Surgery upgrade:no vials no point in buyng it... maybe you should combine it with Quick cure upgrade series? I mean player with Quick Cure, Horse Health, and Surgery will regen up HP up to 40 2x faster or 1.5 faster

And why commandos with full pack of Quick cure series upgrades regen up ONLY to 35 instead of 40?

In conclusion, I want to admit that Berserkers are really a pain in the ass, but when Deluvas remove that class it will be his pain in the ass, arguing with epic Berserkers of lvl5 or 6 like Psychopetti

Edited by PEPPER

Also, remove the radiators/trashbins, or put a limit because people abuse of it I think, they just get engineer (or maybe that's support) and go camp on the walls (maze) or in a room (deadhouse) and zombies take a looong time to break them so you just get killed while trying.

(and is it me or Poison zombie looks weaker?Less resistance than before I mean)

Give deluvas the time to complete it :D . I dont get to 35 anymore since i am lvl 3 commando, 33 is my max now. I dont like the percentages as health. Health should be a number that can exceed 100. ( but it works, its just for THE people that think their health isnt increasing :D)

@ PEPPER

1. 370 metres including 'traceline' between each mine

2. --

3. Agree

4. More green smoke

5. More admin apps :)

6. 200 metres away from zombie spawn + turret should take damage from poison spits

7. Agreed

8. Add ability to skip the shotty

9. Agreed

10. ---

11. ---

My suggestions :o