Mr. Green Gaming

PS Move "vs." Kinect

Nobana

So, as we all know, both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are getting a movement-based gaming system.

PS Move will use same kind of technology as Nintendo Wii, so it will be same kind of waving sticks, but way more accurate.

And Xbox's Kinect will be like PS2's Eyetoy, with a bit more accuracy. It was originally be supposed to detect finger movement, but this got canceled due to higher production prize. So now its basically like Eyetoy.

I was kind of waiting for Kinect, just to see what kind of games they can create, but now it will just be like Eyetoy. So even though I dont have a PS3 yeat, Im waiting for PS Move.

Anyone else waiting for PS Move or Kinect? Which one and why?

I dont like all this active bullshit. I wanna play cod with either a fucking gun and giant tv screen, or a normal controller, simple lol

I dont like all this active bullshit. I wanna play cod with either a fucking gun and giant tv screen, or a normal controller, simple lol

Both suck (with Kinect probably sucking the most). The Wii demonstrated that movement based controls could work out for a few things (which only itself Nintendo seemed to use in its games), but are mostly abused for shovelware.

If they want to actually make better controls than we have today, they have to make it easier and faster for the player to control what's on the screen. Flailing around without actually 'feeling' what you're doing seems to work out for the casual market but is by no means a real technological advancement...

Kinect will probably fail in a same way because most of the players want to keep their pad (means no big games using that kinect).

Well, it isnt ment for those "hardcore" gamers. Its ment for families and such. Like Wii. Attempting to get those who never played games, into the console world.

Kinect for me. :) im probably the only one here seeing a future in this. Most people forget that you can still use the normal 360 controller besides kinect. Kinect doesnt have to replace it but rather add more possibilities to the 360. Im also looking forward to the scanning of realtime objects and being able to do more with a 360.

No future in movement gaming.

There is, but for different people.

Which is why it's weird that Sony and Microsoft snatch Nintendo's career. All hardcore gamers who don't want to sweep and swap, are playing Sony and Microsoft. Their mothers and sisters and cats are playing on the Nintendo Revolution.

Tadaa, divided. But many hardcore gamers just don't want to do that, that's why they play Sony and Microsoft. And now S & M are doing movement-shit as well. While the people who want to play that, already have a Nintendo Revolution.

THE END

No future in movement gaming.

There is, but for different people.

Which is why it's weird that Sony and Microsoft snatch Nintendo's career. All hardcore gamers who don't want to sweep and swap, are playing Sony and Microsoft. Their mothers and sisters and cats are playing on the Nintendo Revolution.

Tadaa, divided. But many hardcore gamers just don't want to do that, that's why they play Sony and Microsoft. And now S & M are doing movement-shit as well. While the people who want to play that, already have a Nintendo Revolution.

THE END

its all about the money -_-

PS move is for people who own a playstation3

Kinect is for people who own an Xbox

Wii is self explaining.

Not everyone owns every console so they have to buy the movement device for the stuff they own. It just depends on the stuff people own ofcourse people will buy new consoles to.

PS move HAS to be more accurate than the wii, how old is the wii already? We'll have to see the end product.

The reason for these two "comeback devices" towards the Wii is that people think that it emerses you.

I beg to differ: What captivates you more: Sitting silently and moving your eyes and body very little and being completely face to face with the game, Or waving your arms around every time you see an enemy?

Stiil, my brother may get Kinect, so +1 to that.

E- 300th post!

Edited by The Lazy Peon

Indeed, I think shootergames just get tiring after moving so much. It's just... I just find that these things just don't fit on Sony's and Microsoft's consoles. But I'm just saying things here. I don't know anything about those things, so I just imagine Nintendo-Revolution ripoffs.

Even if I did, all we're discussing about is just a big betting shop of who is going to get right at the end.

Why are you constantly comparing hardcore gamers into casual gamers?

You cant seriously think that either Kinect or PS3 Move is made for hardcore FPS game fans.

Its supposed to bring those who dont usually play a lot/at all to the TV screen. No matter how stupid you think it is, but Im sure that a family of four would rather wave their hands and laugh, than quietly play Modern Warfare 2 on 4-player co-op.

So please stop with the "I would never wave my hands like that etc". You just arent in the focust group.

Why are you constantly comparing hardcore gamers into casual gamers?

You cant seriously think that either Kinect or PS3 Move is made for hardcore FPS game fans.

Its supposed to bring those who dont usually play a lot/at all to the TV screen. No matter how stupid you think it is, but Im sure that a family of four would rather wave their hands and laugh, than quietly play Modern Warfare 2 on 4-player co-op.

So please stop with the "I would never wave my hands like that etc". You just arent in the focust group.

Are you talking to me? I said I think it's a Nintendo Revolution ripoff, which will fail, because everyone who wants to move around while playing, already has a Nintendo Revolution.