Mr. Green Gaming

zs_ambush_v3

Appologies for making another one of these progress topics when I just made zs_tainted but I have more interest in my oilrig-like maps atm so for now the progress of the map will be paused.

zs_ambush_v3 promises to be much more different than the other two and will be the final:

- No square blocky rooms

- Arctic theme

- Snowy!

- Custome skybox that suits the theme

- Nighttime

- Learnt more things than I knew from v1 and v2

- Make sure theres no mass camping

- Make sure theres no exploiting

- Make sure it works for zombines to go around

- Etc

Here is a photo of the main area I have been working on. I will show you guys some inside pictures and different areas if the map tomarrow once I do some more work.

(The light under the black blocky thing is actually a pipe with some stuff on it but the thing didnt capture it well. )

! Ideas and Suggestions !

post-1289-128483714818_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my honest and unbiased opinion:

- Lightning needs a ton of work

- The area is not believable; what the hell is up with that big black steel bar out of nowhere, it doesn't serve a goal.

- The wall texture is unfitting. Get something that's "longer", and not like metal planes every 3 inches.

All aside; it looks ok

Edited by Botervloot

- The area is not believable; what the hell is up with that big black steel bar out of nowhere, it doesn't serve a goal.

- The wall texture is unfitting. Get something that's "longer", and not like metal planes every 3 inches.

All aside; it looks ok

- What do you mean by that?

- What do you mean by that... again?. I put in the description its a pipe but I didnt catch it well in the picture so thats why it looks ugly

- Would you suggest sticking with another metal wall or using concretewall?

Edited by Pufulet

All aside; it looks ok

- What do you mean by that... again?. I put in the description its a pipe but I didnt catch it well in the picture so thats why it looks ugly

- This is obvious. It's too dark and no fun to play on. People can't see anything, and flash lights aren't an option, because that way, only a small spot is illuminated and it's very annoying. Add more lights.

- The pipe or whatever it is comes out of nowhere. It doesn't server a goal, only a cheap way to hang up some lights that look out of place. In real oil rigs, this isn't there. (Oilrigs require plenty of light for people to work properly on them)

- That's up to you. You could keep the white-ish colour of the texture, make it concrete or keep it metal.

Edited by Botervloot

All aside; it looks ok

- This is obvious. It's too dark and no fun to play on. People can't see anything, and flash lights aren't an option, because that way, only a small spot is illuminated and it's very annoying. Add more lights.

- The pipe or whatever it is comes out of nowhere. It doesn't server a goal, only a cheap way to hang up some lights that look out of place. In real oil rigs, this isn't there. (Oilrigs require plenty of light for people to work properly on them)

- That's up to you. You could keep the white-ish colour of the texture, but make it concrete or keep it metal.

- I will increase the light of the light_environment and add more lights but not too many since it will be heavy on compiling.

- Im going to find a good use for it.

- I think it looks quite nice and fitting tbh