Mr. Green Gaming

TF2 Mann-Conomy Update

MiF

Basically, they just turned TF2 into a f*cking Free 2 play.

+5 in invisibility, +20hp, +20 speed...????

Soon we'll have Swords +50 damage against pyros, bow +10 when health is under 25 :rolleyes:

No seriously, Valve is disappointing me, they used to put free additionnal content to their games and put a minimum of difficulty for the players (so they have to work to get their items), and now they just offer all the items that old players worked hard to get, for 2,3,4,5...20 euros?

I'm sure the next update will not be free, it will be "45 new weapons, 1 new class, 5 maps for 20 euros, buy it now! -25% on the Uber-kikoolol hat of death if you buy before december 17!"...

lol.

sure.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are overreacting a bit. You can still get everything for free. and who cares that noobs can buy stuff now I mean serious, we know how to play the game, how to adjust our tactics based on used weapons and they don't.

People are looking totally wrong at the idea behind the shop. Picture it as their donations button, you guys donate for gc too why can't they ask money for weapons too. The only difference being that you can earn all the stuff from the shop without paying and you can't with gc.

Valve is still a company which has to pay bills, employees, taxes, etc.

I think people are overreacting a bit. You can still get everything for free. and who cares that noobs can buy stuff now I mean serious, we know how to play the game, how to adjust our tactics based on used weapons and they don't.

People are looking totally wrong at the idea behind the shop. Picture it as their donations button, you guys donate for gc too why can't they ask money for weapons too. The only difference being that you can earn all the stuff from the shop without paying and you can't with gc.

Nuff said.

This. You cheapskate people need to realise that valve needs to keep itself going somehow, while steam brings in a bit, with all the work on TF2 and the updates costs manpower, for which they need to be PAID.

Also, the micro transactions are only there if youre impatient for the item drops, and actually play specifically for them, for everyone else, im sure that we just see that we've gotten an item and continue backstabbing/sniping/W+M1'ing/{insert other class actions here} and not really care that much.

No seriously, Valve is disappointing me, they used to put free additionnal content to their games and put a minimum of difficulty for the players (so they have to work to get their items), and now they just offer all the items that old players worked hard to get, for 2,3,4,5...20 euros?

Then why the hell do you think VALVe has made our weapons vintage?

Then why the hell do you think VALVe has made our weapons vintage?

This doesn't change anything, it's just a blue color and an additionnal word.There is no difference between the "old" items and the same ones you can get right now (an old sandvitch remains a sandvitch, and you can craft/trade/drop 450 sandvitches and they'll remain the same).

It just has some value for their owners.

It can't all be that bad can it?

There's still way more playability in it than say, Modern Warfare 2, and it's way funnier. I don't think i'll be buying any items any time soon, but at least they made the store with a pleasant sense of humour. It could have been something like crossfire that's just like " MONEY NOW PLEASE!"

Anyway, as long as you can attain all weapons that have an impact on the game, then surely there is no harm done? Unless you want to go that extra mile and look cool whilst doing it?

It's easy to complain at it- but think- is it REALLY that bad?

Lol silly people without credit cards/spare cash.

I think this shop thing is cool, they should just rethink the prizes a bit.

Why they should lower prices? they get HELL lot of money from those items, because people keep buying keys and hats and so on.

Trade with sane people, not 12 year olds.

I traded my bills hat :P I dont like it so..

You poor poor soul. You should've waited till you could paint it black. Epicness x1000.

Nah. i didnt liked it and traded it to

3x box

5x reclaimed

1x scrap

6x weapons

(not a joke) :huh:

Lol silly people without credit cards/spare cash.

I think this shop thing is cool, they should just rethink the prizes a bit.

Why they should lower prices? they get HELL lot of money from those items, because people keep buying keys and hats and so on.

They alread get a lot of money by selling TF2+ all the offers linked to it (tf2 hat if you preorder worms etc), and to be honest , paying 4 euros for a piece of virtual stuff is just...abused?