GunRun discussion / suggestions

Clavus

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Released a new update.

v0.1.2 changelog:

* Added Kings of the Hill (team mission) and Signal Pickup (solo mission)

* Added Infected Wars style radio, playing HL2 music. Can be stopped in the options menu

* Clarified a lot of messages, HUD elements, and game systems

* Manhunt mission targets are easier to identify

* Jetpack better predicted on jetpack maps

Can you make a demo vid? :D I would loved to see the gamemode :P But my PC is broken :(

First want to add more diverse guns to the game. Ideas? They could be pretty much anything really. Science Inc. and Explosives Inc. still need to expand their catalog :P

I definitely want some kind of

weapon that makes heads explode :V

What about Portal Gun that can be used as a trap? :V

No.

I think you should make the contrast between team colors bigger, so that it's easier to see who is on the diffrent teams. Also you should make it more clear when it's changing mission/objectives, because it's a little bit hard to see what you're supposed to do. Add a short text to describe the objective or something (If that's not already in there)

What about Portal Gun that can be used as a trap? :V

Good idea actually. :V

Give it to science co. by getting 50%

But make it have like 5 shots only.

Now my own:

- Make it be for each co. to have its own ammount of health... not just 400 for everyone o its easierto kill;

- Each co. should have its own percent of damage (like give to proffesionals +20% od dmg, or something like give to science co. +20% of clip size for its own guns (eg light smg, pistol...));

- ...also there is an expolit on gm_bay. You can jump on the top (not going to tell how though);

- Add gm_atomic I THINK it would fit GR;

- Add more missions and make the others better. Add to npc killing misson antlions, zombies, antlion guards...;

- Give each co. its own playermodel. All rebels aint fun :< (add police playermodel for science co. :3);

Thats all imo.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Few ideas for missions:

Mirror's Package:

Bring a briefcase to certain checkpoints. Hit a checkpoint while holding the briefcase 3 times to win!

(It counts per team; not per person)

Purely Business:

Together with the other teams, you have to eliminate the chosen team! You cannot respawn! If the targeted team can hold out for (*time*), or survive the onslaught, they'll win! If the other teams wins by killing the chosen team, they'll all win! (instead of one team always getting points, multiple teams get points)

Evil Mastermind

All the teams receive one "mastermind" player (randomly chosen, or the player with the highest score). This player is stronger than the rest of the "normal" players, but is the target of the match. Kill masterminds to rack up scores, and beat the others! (Mastermind = "Juggernaut")

Amusement Brawl

Melee match. Knives only. Most kills gets the prize!

Detonation Obligation

Each team respawns close to their "D.A.T" (Defendable Acknowledged Target), which the other teams have to destroy! Defend your D.A.T, and destroy the other "D.A.T"s! When you lose your D.A.T, you lose two points. You'll receive one point for each base destruction. If your D.A.T is destroyed, you and your team will be teleported to the new base, with a new D.A.T.

Test Subject "Monkey"

A new experimental drug has been developed, and spawned in the map. This drug makes you run faster, but will enable "Deathmatch" on you, allowing you to kill anyone (even your own team-mates by accident). You'll also be unable to hold heavy weapons like machine-guns (because this drug will detract power from your arms to your legs) so only pistols and knives for you!

Hold the drug for as long as you can to gain points. Run!

Edited by Botervloot

Great ideas there Boter. I'm not too fond of missions that 'restrict' things (like melee-only), since that'll confuse players even more and isn't quite rewarding if you just found a nice gun.

I think you should make the contrast between team colors bigger, so that it's easier to see who is on the diffrent teams. Also you should make it more clear when it's changing mission/objectives, because it's a little bit hard to see what you're supposed to do. Add a short text to describe the objective or something (If that's not already in there)

I'll work on easier identification of your team. About the mission changing: in today's update I added on-screen messages that give a real quick summary of the mission plus who you'll be fighting (either as a team, or versus everyone). I think that works quite well. One thing I forgot to add is flashing the mission name on screen.

Now my own:

- Make it be for each co. to have its own ammount of health... not just 400 for everyone o its easierto kill;

- Each co. should have its own percent of damage (like give to proffesionals +20% od dmg, or something like give to science co. +20% of clip size for its own guns (eg light smg, pistol...));

- ...also there is an expolit on gm_bay. You can jump on the top (not going to tell how though);

- Add gm_atomic I THINK it would fit GR;

- Add more missions and make the others better. Add to npc killing misson antlions, zombies, antlion guards...;

- Give each co. its own playermodel. All rebels aint fun :< (add police playermodel for science co. :3);

Things like health / weapon perks will be added later on, don't worry.

gm_atomic is quite a big map. I've been thinking on how to handle these sort of big maps (since they won't work at all with the current setup, you'd have to travel way too far to get to the action), but I won't work that out until I'm further with development.

One of the issues I want to work on now is how weapons are spread along the field. A bit too often you find yourself without a gun, so I think I'll throw magazine realism out of the window and give weapons some additional ammo, plus I'll make weapon drops 'smarter'.

One of the issues I want to work on now is how weapons are spread along the field. A bit too often you find yourself without a gun, so I think I'll throw magazine realism out of the window and give weapons some additional ammo, plus I'll make weapon drops 'smarter'.

Maybe it can get an efect of... well, if you played hl2, you lose all your weapons in citadel. They get destroyed by the "dark energy" shit or how its called. Maybe it can get such an effect for example? Because if weapons burn, they dont probaly get destroyed. Also that metal can't burn like wood does :V.

NVM

1 more suggestion:

Make each co. have it own spawn but i think you would need more entities fo that, like info_player_explosives; info_player_proffesionals; info_player_overkill...

Ah yes, 2 questions.

I was thinking of mapping for the gamemode:

- Do I need to use some special entities? (probaly it can be ussed with the suggestion ^)

- Is it possible for me to use the cannister entity in mapping to make 1 cool animation in my map? :3

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Great ideas there Boter. I'm not too fond of missions that 'restrict' things (like melee-only), since that'll confuse players even more and isn't quite rewarding if you just found a nice gun.

I mostly meant it for some quick and fun games :P

Stack Overflow

Chaos! Explosions and enemy NPC's everywhere! Survive the onslaught whilst battling the other teams!

Fly my pretties!

The teams have gone back to pigeons for the use of messages! One player in each team is now a pigeon, and he has to pick up and bring back as many packages as he can (scattered throughout the map) to earn points!

Wall street menace

The stocks have gone to the battlefield! Protect your consumers, and make them buy your stock at your base! Collect items throughout the map to attract the consumers!

(Consumers are NPC's that randomly arrive on the map, and are something like a percentage. If you own 50% of the stock, then 50% of the consumers will always come towards your market. The stock is only in this gametype; don't use the stock balance of the whole game!)

The other teams can attack the enemy consumers, but if you do, you'll lower your own stock-rates!

Cap n' Hack

Capture the flag with a twist. The enemy team has an HDD as flag, that you have to capture. Bring the enemy "flag" back to your base, and keep it there for a certain amount of time for the HDD to upload the data to your team's servers!

Edited by Botervloot

Well, atleast I hope you will be able to poop with birds as using it as aw eapon :meh:

Cuz its the gunrun gamemode :/

You shud have gunz.

Mission suggestions:

Cannister rain!

Get inside! The rain of the cannisters has began! The team that loses people will lose their market percent. Watch out below!

BOSS

(might be not a very nice idea, ie there is a "kill headcrabs" mission already)

Shoot the antlion guard down! It's located on your radar, The more damage your team does to it, the more percent you get! By killing the guard, your team will get bonus percent.

Fortress battle

Props will be dropped all over the map. Collect the props with physcannon (will be given for the mission) and make a fortress! Make sure its strong enough. The more damage you do to enemy fortress, the more market percent you gain!

Give a certain hp for a prop. When a player picks up a prop, it will belong to his team and will count as a fortress prop. So when it gets destroyed, the score will go down for you!

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Some more weapons for

Science Inc.:

• Gauss Gun
  • Nerfed version of Egon
  • Flashbang grenade
  • Scientifical flamethrower (with blue fire :V )
  • Something similar to vaporizer rifle from IW :o

Survival Inc.:

• M95 Sniper Rifle
  • M79 Grenade launcher
  • Dual Desert Eagles

Explosive Inc.:

• Small tripmines or c4

:monocle:

I like everything expect the flame tower. It can burn team mates :o

About teamkill... I F*CKNG HATE THAT MOTHERF*CKER FOR TEAMKILLING ME ONCE ON THE F*CKING CS_DESPERADOS!

• 2 weeks later...