Mr. Green Gaming

zs_marsh

Hey guys! I was supposed to show everyone this map and keep it secret until it was finished but I couldnt resist and I needed more people's thoughts about it so here it is! zs_marsh. It is a fairly big 2 story 'swampish' house with a nice backyard/garden/thing.

It has a shed near it and an outhouse even though there is already a bathroom in the house. I have specificly made the 3d skybox area really dark so you can only see the house area to make you feel isolated and that anything is in the shadows *cough* zombies.

It is mainly surrounded by cliffs with a fairly wide opening which reminds me of helms deep idk why.

Here are some fairly decent pics of the outside and one on the inside living room, oh and I will fix the chimney smoke in next version.

Its dark as hell outside because its midnightish duh! And I dont want crasy human mofos running outside. They should be inside like good humens..

Like I always do, everyday or so I will try to get new pics with my progress so try to check daily!

So... lets start the commenting and the constructive advice especially you Botervloot! :V

p.s keep this topic on whats it about cause i have a feeling it will go offtopic.

p.s.s dont fcking troll or do the opposite of what I said.

post-1289-129054214073_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054214684_thumb.jpg

post-1289-12905421512_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054215758_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054216283_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054216821_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very square.

The 2nd picture:

Square porch.

unrealistic balcony

unrealistic windows.

:frusty:

Oh noes I forgat to make every molecule not square!

So it turns out the balcony on the left is square and the porch aswell. They are supposed to be like that and oh wait.. the balcony is not square its just that bit that is.

The windows are made with the hl2 window prop frame in them.....

Shit my desk table is square what will I do!!!

Well I'm saying, fix it. Because at the moment it looks un realistic and shit.

You should add more too it, or make it move round a little more.

No need to cry just because I don't like your block porch.

Plus that table in the picture is a rectangle you fucker. So suck it up and change the stupid looking porch.

Edited by QTesla

Well I'm saying, fix it. Because at the moment it looks un realistic and shit.

You should add more too it, or make it move round a little more.

No need to cry just because I I don't like your block porch

Nothing will happen at the moment with the porch or balcony. Lots of props will be added and it will all look very nice at the end.

Oh and im not crying about anything. All you are giving me is negativity at the moment. The fact that I carefully designed and spent lots of time on the house to avoid blockyness and then you just say that its still very square when its actually not?

Personally I think that you could of gave me something more positive to work on instead of just saying my work is unrealistic and shit.

Edited by Pufulet

Looks like after all I might have to change that balcony since I found out that zombies can use a small hill to jump crouch in the backyard thing.

That smoke will be fixed.

Im not getting what you mean with the Green House.. purple house

The stairs look fine to me, they have been carefully designed.

Maybe if I gave you some more close up pictures that might change your views on this stuff.

Edited by Pufulet

The first step on the stairs. It's different from the rest. I doubt it was "carefully designed" it looks more wonky.

You still need to align the windows, because they look more like bars. Changing the texture might help.

The balcony up top could be changed because at the moment it is seriously ugly.

Here are some pictures that might help you.

The first step is actually the same size just like the others. The wooden handrail is a bit different on it thats it.

I thought you meant the general house windows. I can get those bars fixed or changed.

The balcony is obviously ugly because I have not worked at all with that. Expect Ivy to surround it though.

post-1289-129054481178_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054481708_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054482662_thumb.jpg

post-1289-129054483191_thumb.jpg

I like house maps :) , you could fix the problem with the zombies winning pretty easy: Add underground passages or some other place to hide in ( a treehouse, well, pool etc). I dont even notice what qtesla is talking about, but im no mapper. You dont even notice those things when you play.

I saw your map, Pufulet.

But there really are some minuses in it.

Generally, the design is OK for me. But the stairs really are a bit of... umm... well change them. I know what kind of stairs you tryed to do, I have this type on dacha, But look. Your stairs are welded to the pillars, not to a wooden desk that goes from bottom to the top.

Thee is a design of such stairs model. You can find it in nova prospekt. You shouldo the same, but its wooden and its bigger in size.

About the atmosphere. Something a bit more outside please... As Damien said, add a basement or something like a cave which was created by the outside swamp. (But yes, that would be a secret place in this case, though. [No need to make a passage using the blocks, You can just make a trigger teleport, making a certain dark room, which of you cant see the end. You go further, where is trigger_teleport and it will get you right in the place (put an info_teleport_destinaton) So no worries about it.])

Geometry.

Well... I dont find any problem in the zombies winning, because a good team will always do the work well (Hmm, with todays ppl its hard to make a teamup). The parts of the house seems ok for me. But you could have done the "broken" house as I said before. This would do a good work. (I didn't meant to do EVERYTHING func_physbox btw. Only supports and SOME parts of the roof(s), so you could climb on it :V)

EDIT: D:!!! Zs_junkeycanals_day map wasnt viewed :<

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Ok, i just got back home and I see that the stairs and balcony will need changing to another design.

I will make the zombies spawn in the water anyways because other servers still use this feature.

I small cave might be possible since theres quite alot of a rocky area in the back of the house but I will see as I progress.

Might edit this reply after I have a better look at the comments because I just got home.

Edited by Pufulet

Ok, i just got back home and I see that the stairs and balcony will need changing to another design.

I will make the zombies spawn in the water anyways because other servers still use this feature.

I small cave might be possible since theres quite alot of a rocky area in the back of the house but I will see as I progress.

Might edit this reply after I have a better look at the comments because I just got home.

USE TELEPORT

I belive adding a teleporter would make this more complicated so i dont think a teleporter is an option.

No not like a teleport sort of in hl2.

I mean like... make an entrance, make a small room with end goig to darkness. (outside. Do that etrance outside)

And the darkness will be with trigger_teleport. Use the tools_dark texture.

I dont like the version with using the Vertex tool (WATCH MY NEXT REPLY) version, because it will cause problems with the top of the basement. If you want, you can make a ladder down using ladder from cs_italy.

But thats your design. I just tell you to use the portal, thevertex will cause problems with the ladder tunnel imo.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

I belive adding a teleporter would make this more complicated so i dont think a teleporter is an option.

I mean like... make an entrance, make a small room with end goig to darkness. (outside. Do that etrance outside)

i know what you mean.. but it will just complicate things up and I dont think its necessery

i know what you mean.. but it will just complicate things up and I dont think its necessery

Well then thats after you.

Hope you know how to use vertex tool :V

EDIT: ITS NOT THE VERTEX TOOL

ITS THE TOOL UPPER THE VERTEX TOOL!

Edited by Mr.Darkness