Mr. Green Gaming

zs_glacier

I would like to say that I have finished all those fading props and now the map is what I belive fairly well optimised and keeping a good fps throughout the level. Inside props fade away from a shorter range than outside props which makes sense but you should always be able to see them so its not like 'hey im gonna turn my back, wait wtf wheres all the props?'

@Mr.Darkness I will probably send you the map near the end of it so you can do the cubemaps so the reflections and shit r ok.

By the way im sorry to say that if I did tell anyone about giving the map some kind of cool flooding event that randomely happens every few minutes which will wipe out anyone on the low areas but it just wont work since we are talking about the whole antarctic ocean gaining a few metres randomely?

Edited by Pufulet
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way im sorry to say that if I did tell anyone about giving the map some kind of cool flooding event that randomely happens every few minutes which will wipe out anyone on the low areas but it just wont work since we are talking about the whole antarctic ocean gaining a few metres randomely?

Maybe global warming could do it?

but then to randomely going back down after like 40 secounds?

Guys, forget the flooding idea please. It just wont work out well.

On the other hand Mr.Darkness is planning out something else that is badass and unique to the map

On the other hand Mr.Darkness is planning out something else that is badass and unique to the map

Very unpredictable global warming?

May be just make the water gradually rise up so by the end the lower and middle area are flooded

Edited by mogadonskoda

Very unpredictable global warming?

May be just make the water gradually rise up so by the end the lower and middle area are flooded

the middle area is the main key of the map, for the map to have a flood effect is out of question. Im pretty sure Darkness is getting something nice prepared for the map anyways.

Ok, being messing with his map.

Before telling what have I done, special message to you @ Pufulet...

I HATE YOUR FUCKING CUSTOM SKYBOX TEXTURES.

So what have I added:

A helicopter which will be spawned near humans. It will be usable on last 2 minutes. From start of the round it just can be activated to drop supplies and explosive barrels.

Stats of helicopter:

Con's:

-Weird start position funny.gif

It looks like crashed;

-When it moves, its watch direction is a bit weird. It looks in a different path, but that can be easilly fixed.

-To slow moving speed. Can be fixed too.

Pro's:

-Can drop explosive barrels (will add healthkits later. It will drop those in a box.)

-Has rotating lights on it to light up the whole place. (wll, maaybe not whole place, but sure the part of it funny.gif)

-Easy to work on! :DDDDDD

To be added:

-A turret which will shoot some targets. Doesnt deal dmg to players.

-Dropping supplies;

-When gets hit in the motor, it falls down in the ice bridge, which will after get destroyed.

-A "survival operation", which will able you to get in it and last two minutes try to survive. Dont get hit by poison headcrabs in the motor!

So this are the pics of my buggy helicopter xD

EDIT: Blame the unloading Pufulets skybox for the Purple&black and the "infinity" effects in the skybox.

EDIT2: Yeah, dont blame me for using css. I dont know how to add gmod for lunch :'(

post-126-129846420716_thumb.jpg

post-126-129846421032_thumb.jpg

post-126-129846421284_thumb.jpg

post-126-129846421631_thumb.jpg

post-126-129846422559_thumb.jpg

post-126-129846423031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Here is what I think would be better:

When the alarm is sounded, 2 minutes later it comes to the wanabe heli pad and drops some supplies and goes. 1 Minute later and this will happen every 3 minutes or so it comes and shoots 4 rockets which can damage players and then leaves.

Looks a bit samey as all the other maps you made? Whats going to be the most original about this one?

Well all my maps are original since i never seen anyone do them.

It will be on an Iceberg as you see. Seen any zs maps like that?

If you meant the buildings and that, they will have similar or same design of zs_ambush_v3 since they are like both near eachother and created by the same stuff.

Looks nice, but I think she ment something special like the traps and bareers on

richland... something like that. So will there be something "original"?

Edited by Raptor

Looks a bit samey as all the other maps you made? Whats going to be the most original about this one?

Well all my maps are original since i never seen anyone do them.

It will be on an Iceberg as you see. Seen any zs maps like that?

If you meant the buildings and that, they will have similar or same design of zs_ambush_v3 since they are like both near eachother and created by the same stuff.

Looks nice, but I think she ment something special like the traps and bareers on

richland... something like that. So will there be something "original"?

:V

View uhm... her profile.

And answer on your question: Yes, there will be. I am currently doing it.

None of the maps have that thing I am going to do doing.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Darkness is working on a surprise that im pretty sure none of the zs maps have.

glaciers aren't that small, they are fucking huge.

That is more like a small piece of land that hasn't melted.

Don't know why there would be buildings on it.

Sorry to be negative puffy but just doesn't seem that imaginable.

good atmosphere with the nightocean skybox though =#

yeah i know icebergs are much more bigger which im not exactly sure that its called and iceberg so i named it glacier, making a much bigger one would require extremely complex displacements and other tools for it. It was hard to tame this ones displacements.

ONLY I CAN CALL HIM PUFFY =(

Only mappers can call me that so hes allowed. But still mainly Darkness :X