Mr. Green Gaming

Arena lagg

Hello y'all!

I dont know if you have experienced all the lagg as of late, but the TF2 Green Arena server is getting worse by the day. At first it was the best server I had ever played on, including the KotH server, but that one has become unplayable for me now. So I switched to the Arena server, which used to be as great as all the other servers, but now it too has become unplayable! I dont know if this is a serverside issue, or just an issue I have, but if you type net_graph 2, you can see something called: lerp. If this "lerp", for I have no idea what it is, or does, turns yellow, it laggs, and I have this a lot. A LOT! And it's pretty much only on the TF2Green server.

I just wanted to point this out, but I think someone should take a look at it, because I know I'm not the only one lagging through this magic "lerp".

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's horrible. KotH server is fucked to the bone, really unplayable.

Arena is still playable but it gets worse and worse, eventually it will probably be the same as the KotH server. My good friend Darkstar is aware of this problem, he sometimes restarts the server, but it doesn't help a lot. I really hope this can be resolved as I find it an enjoyable server.

Except for when [DC] AC Milan is around, he's an ass.

Edited by Half-Minute Man

Yes, it's horrible. KotH server is fucked to the bone, really unplayable.

Arena is still playable but it gets worse and worse, eventually it will probably be the same as the KotH server. My good friend Darkstar is aware of this problem, he sometimes restarts the server, but it doesn't help a lot. I really hope this can be resolved as I find it an enjoyable server.

Except for when [DC] AC Milan is around, he's an ass.

You could always contact a server admin with problems such as that (if they are really bastard people).

Let me tell you how it is.

When you start a TF2 server, it takes about 400MB of RAM when it's fully running.

However, over several (active) hours, it doubles to 800MB (we even had one reaching 1GB once) because of some stupid memory leaks which I think are Valve's fault. Restarting / crashing resets the whole parade at the beginning.

And that's about it. We're still waiting for the RAM upgrades.

• 3 weeks later...