Mr. Green Gaming

-[ Ragnarok Conflict ]-

That looks promising, very promising :)

Will there be different classes for both humans/aliens ?

And if I can suggest some weapons :

-Turrets (the ones that you can manually control when you're behind them).

-Alien laser that works like the Spartan laser from Halo ( 3 seconds lock then it shoots).

-Vehicles ?

Also, for the fun, what about a gamemode with a scenario where the aliens are creating zombies in their factories, and humans have to destroy these factories to win ? (this would make zombie NPCs another threat for the humans :P ).

That looks promising, very promising :)

Will there be different classes for both humans/aliens ?

And if I can suggest some weapons :

-Turrets (the ones that you can manually control when you're behind them).

-Alien laser that works like the Spartan laser from Halo ( 3 seconds lock then it shoots).

-Vehicles ?

Also, for the fun, what about a gamemode with a scenario where the aliens are creating zombies in their factories, and humans have to destroy these factories to win ? (this would make zombie NPCs another threat for the humans :P ).

I think there will be some automated turrets to protect team spawns. Other kinds of traps and stationary assists are still on the idea list. I'm still experimenting with vehicles, but there are airboats in one of the upcoming maps as transport assist.

And I already have NPC game type ideas in the works. :P

OH GOD MY EYES @ red

Yeah you might want to tone it down. Maybe change it to a completely new effect.

It's the default HL2:DM death screen. Might change it later.

Is it possible to try to configure the weapons after they've been made with the SWEP Construction Kit?

I think it's important that the weapons look and feel as real as possible in a gamemode based on getting diffrent weapons...

Realism is not the target, I'm using the alien technology as an excuse to put some crazy stuff in there. In the long run weapons should get stuff like attachments and upgrades.

.. did anyone spot the ghost on the red screen?

Is it possible to try to configure the weapons after they've been made with the SWEP Construction Kit?

I think it's important that the weapons look and feel as real as possible in a gamemode based on getting diffrent weapons...

Realism is not the target, I'm using the alien technology as an excuse to put some crazy stuff in there. In the long run weapons should get stuff like attachments and upgrades.

I'm not talking about real as in 'make it look like existing weapons'.

Some of the weapons has a reload time slightly longer than the animation, some has sounds that don't match, some have bad animations etc.

I don't know how hard it is to do though...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so I've been doing some work on the different game types and prepped a set of maps.

Right now I have

Supply Hunt

Both teams are tasked with bringing back supply crates to their base (which are being dropped at intervals). First team to gather enough crates wins.

Crash Site

Much like the Crysis 2 Crash Site gamemode. A pod crash lands and needs to be captured. The longer you hold a pod, the more points the team gains towards their goal.

Ghost Artifact

Both teams are tasked with finding and bringing back a single artifact. However picking up the artifact has some dangerous effects on both its carrier as well as its environment.

VIP

A mix of CS 1.6 VIP and hostage rescue. The VIP is placed within the enemy camp and needs to be saved by his team. The VIP is invulnerable as long as he doesn't move from his starting position, so he has to pick the right moment to make a run for it and reach the safe zone.

Still coming:

King of the Hill, Assault and Bomb Operation

Why not do something like "INFILTRATION"?

One team has to complete a total of 3 out of 5 objectives, including taking pictures of documents, retrieving intel, securing VIP's and blowing up objects. The enemy must defend these objectives. For every completed objective, time is added and a certain bonus that comes with the objective is added to the teams arsenal (temporary damage boost, more ammo, cheaper guns for limited time etc). After round is finished, the teams switch.

Or "FIRE SALE"

X amount of parts of an experimental weapon have been spread across the map. You need only X amount to complete the weapon. This gives the team points (alongside cash for the parts) and adds the experimental weapon in their store. Every time the X amount of weapons are secured in the map, the points are given (one point for one weapon part or something). After all the weapon parts are collected, new weapon parts are dropped. This goes on until the timer stops.

Or "MACEDONIAN CONFLICT"

One team has to download a set of data from the enemy from a few selected points of interest in the map. The closer you are to the objective, the faster you download the data (but you're closer to a reinforced position of the enemy). Download the data and return to your base. If you die whilst carrying the data, you'll have to restart all over! After timelimit is reached, the teams switch. The team that has downloaded the most (full) files wins.

Or "ONE TRILLION BILLION CREDITS!"

Mercenary style! There is one suitcase with a ton of cash in the map, but the location is unknown. The player who finds the case, will be noticed by everyone. If the player secures the briefcase, the team is awarded points and the player that scored receives a massive amount of credits and score. However, the player carrying the case can be killed by greedy team members, who want the cash for themselves! (do note; can lead to total anarchy).

DEUS EX TIME

Edited by Botervloot

All great ideas :)

I usually try to find a synergy between the game type and the map I use (since adapting existing maps is where my gamemode is to work its magic). First I find a good map, then I try to imagine what sort of game type can be played on there. Good thing Source has such an amazing backlog of high quality maps.

Compressed it will probably be around 80MB(?). Still a lot though. I'm busy downscaling weapon textures to save space. You won't see a difference anyway, most textures are way larger than they need to be (gamebanana modellers usually make 1024x1024 textures full of minor details nobody notices anyway).