Mr. Green Gaming

• 2 weeks later...

Does HTC watch run all time? I've heard stories that it takes up loads of RAM and eats battery life.

Surely you should be able to kill it in the manage applications menu if its being a pain?

Well you're the one with the Android phone.

Yeah but I dont have a HTC Android phone anymore, and HTC Watch is only available on the newer HTC phones anyway.

Does anyone know a good site where you can download APKs? Games ans such for free?

Why not buy them? It's not like they're expensive or so.

It's not about the money, I just don't like micro payments. Up that, I don't even know how. ( :') )

:yeah:

Get a virtual credit card (VISA): www.3vcash.nl

Enjoy your apps. :)

• 2 weeks later...

When will we be able to pay using our phone's credits when we want to buy an app (like when you had to send a sms at a certain price to get a game, 1 long time ago) ?

Another thing, as console emulators have been removed from the market months ago I have an apk version downloaded from a site, do I risk something (knowing that the app was free and "legally" downloadable before) ?

Edited by Chikennugget1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a Wildfire last winter to check the whole Android thing out and man it's been painfull. It's ridicilously slow even with task killer and opening it takes about ~1min, even 2 at times.

Recommend me another good Android phone, I like the system but i bought a really bad phone for it.

Bought a Wildfire last winter to check the whole Android thing out and man it's been painfull. It's ridicilously slow even with task killer and opening it takes about ~1min, even 2 at times.

Recommend me another good Android phone, I like the system but i bought a really bad phone for it.

What would you expect if you buy an slow older phone. That is as fast as a 'dumb' phone. A good Android phone needs at least a 1GHZ CPU.

• 3 weeks later...

So Android 4.0 has been announced/released, with the name Ice Cream Sandwich, or ICS.

Basically its the looks of Honeycomb (With all its Tron-like awesomeness) but on a phone not a tablet. It also takes more advantage of the hardware the phone has, and other changes!

http://www.engadget.com/photos/ice-cream-sandwich-android-4-0-screenshot-gallery/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-now-official/

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/10/what-is-ice-cream-sandwich/

And sadly probably only the higher-end gingerbread phones which would be upgraded to ICS.

And Galaxy S2 users, we might be getting ICS in January 2012.

Sony Ericsson users, they've said that they will bring it to their phones, but no word when

HTC users, they've said that they're looking at how they can incorporate sense into ICS, so you may be waiting a while.

• 3 months later...