Mr. Green Gaming

Graphics card (up to £140)?

I need help picking a graphics card! I already had one chosen that I was going to buy but it's been taken off the website (The XFX Radeon HD 6850 I believe), so I need to pick a new one thats on par with that and the same price-ish, no more than £140 :o (it was costing me something like £130 for the Radeon)

Any suggestions?

(the other main parts, for compatibility.)

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black

Corsair Vengance 4GBx2

MSI 870A-G54 Socket AM3 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

It was a great build for the cost of it, don't want to go down in power on the graphics card though.. Hopefully they'll put it back on anyway :P

Edited by Dr.Minky

Wait until they release 7xxx series. Save some monies

Ennvidya are shit, I don't use them, they run hot and eat power, call me a fanboy but amd has never let me down. :D

But if you want one ASAP try and get a 5xxx series card, they're just as good if not better than the 6xxxx series cards, my 5870 has served me well and will only be replaced with a 1GHz+ native 7xxxx series :P

Edited by Scorpus

Yeah because AMD have amazing drivers LOL poorly coded shit.

nvidia = rock solid drivers for every new game they optimise them.

GTX 5 Series run cold.. and silent and use alot less power..

ITT:

Fanboys calling others Fanboys Btw If ati/amd is so good why do most people use Intel/Nvidia?

atiqf.jpg

atipwned.jpg

And the ''OLD''

Gtx 470

atilol.jpg

Don't get GTX470 it's fucking shit. (Hot temps, loud, high power consumption, "old")

Don't hear to fan boys - their suggestions are fucking shit.

UMAD???

Edited by terminator

AMD is better at some stuff, plus they are bit more open than Nvidia (drivers etc.)

Also GPU hash cracker ;D (Which works on Nvidia too, but much better on ATI)

But really: Isnt AMD bit cheaper than Nvidia? In power consuption and price? Nvidia is bit better for gaming true.

Edited by MiF

Thanks for the feedback guys! (I prefer AMD too, always seem to be better value for money and reliable but I'm not really a fan boy of particular things, whatever works well :V)

How is the Sapphire HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 sound that bastinator suggested? It doesn't matter that its a bit over I just like to keep budgets so I dont just keep saving and spend a stupid amount of money :D

Edited by Dr.Minky

Thanks for the feedback guys! (I prefer AMD too, always seem to be better value for money and reliable but I'm not really a fan boy of particular things, whatever works well :V)

How is the Sapphire HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 sound that bastinator suggested? It doesn't matter that its a bit over I just like to keep budgets so I dont just keep saving and spend a stupid amount of money :D

Yeap. That's good choice right there (Under 200€).

Some non theorethical.

bioshockr.jpg

In Bioschock 2

If the GTX470 sucks so bad why does it get more fps then the recommended ALL MIGHTY HD6850 ???

DO i need to show more benchies? i've got alot to back up my statements you guys have only come up with ''fanboy,you make no sense,LOL''

yeah GG..

Edited by terminator

Some non theorethical.

In Bioschock 2

If the GTX470 sucks so bad why does it get more fps then the recommended ALL MIGHTY HD6850 ???

DO i need to show more benchies? i've got alot to back up my statements you guys have only come up with ''fanboy,you make no sense,LOL''

yeah GG..

May you be so kind and re-read my post. I suggested the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 for ~145 pounds and not the 6850.

And if you still intend to "argue" about the awesomeness of the gtx 470; the HD 6870 provides the same performance (sometimes it is faster & sometimes slower), needs less power and it is also cheaper than the gtx 470.

Edited by bAsTiNaToR