Mr. Green Gaming

Upgrading mah computer. get partz nao.

So yeah, im thinking about buying a new processor to my computer, cause this old piece of cheese cant run bf3 too easily.

i wont set any price limits, the processor just should run bf3 smoothly.

oh, and maybe i should get new motherboard too, if someone has some extra time, go ahead and find me one too :3

ofc, the processor should be fitting to that motherboard, i got ATX middle tower case, and it should have slots for DDR3 ram's. cause i got a FEW of those.

ask me if u have some crap to ask me that i forgot to put here.

by the way, does computer cool down faster (or heat up slower) if the case is closed.

im talking about the air rotation.

I5-2500K and a P67 mainboard (Asus P8P67 e.g.) should do it.Sure your PC is cooler when your case is opened, but it also gets dusty fast.Also don't forget that BF3 needs a very very good GPU. Whats your current GPU?

well, i know that is pretty much common sense that its cooler when its open, but is it possible that the same,warm air just keeps rotating inside the computer cause its not creating any air pressure case is open?

Would be nice to know what you have right now, so we know what has to be upgraded.So what's your current CPU, GPU, RAM, motherboard and power supply.

well, i cant check all of those cause my computer has some parts that are made for Linux, and Win7 does not recognize em, but anyways,the amount of RAM is "unlimited" if its DDR3, and i think my power supply is ATX-350PNF (yeah i know its not too good anymore, its still the original i used to build this comp) and i have no idea about CPU, GPU or motherboard, but they all gonna go, but i dont like ordering too much in the same package cause i like pretty much in wilderness, and pig packages may take months if i order em from somewhere else but finland or russia, and here everything is kinda pricey on the web, and if i order from russia they add some extra charge cause they need to post it over the border, so ill just order few items at the same time from US or UK.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.739464 <-- good?

Edited by TechnoNegro

Judging by that vague post I have to conclude you're pretty much looking for a whole new rig instead of just an upgrade?

I5-2500K and a P67 mainboard (Asus P8P67 e.g.) should do it.Sure your PC is cooler when your case is opened, but it also gets dusty fast.Also don't forget that BF3 needs a very very good GPU. Whats your current GPU?

well, i know that is pretty much common sense that its cooler when its open, but is it possible that the same,warm air just keeps rotating inside the computer cause its not creating any air pressure case is open?

That's why some fans blow air in (usually seated lower), and others blow it out (usually higher up in your case, since warm air rises yo).

If you're looking for performance while not on a strict budget, you're better off with Intel.

Get 8 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115063 That should be able to run BF3.

:V

Well jokes aside. What CarPileUp suggested is a good CPU and it's also easy to overclock it if you want to do that in the future. You shouldn't really bother with AMD now because you will get much better performance with Intel. But you might want to wait for Ivy Bridge but Ivy Bridge won't be that much different from Sandy Bridge.

well, intel it is then, but whats the big diffrence between amd and intel? And if intel is better, why they are still making amd? oh and do you guys think about passive cooling systems, good way to save energy and make your computer silencer, or just a easy way to burn your house down? I bet passives arent too good at over-night action. And about the processor again, how many cores and how much ghz(or whatever it is gz/s?) there should be? Six core 3.60ghz should run bf3 on what? medium? high? And is there any other big diffrences between em, not just cores and that ghz thingy, im really an expert on computers and pretty much know anything about em, i just want to know what you guys think. (pokerface)

well, intel it is then, but whats the big diffrence between amd and intel? And if intel is better, why they are still making amd? oh and do you guys think about passive cooling systems, good way to save energy and make your computer silencer, or just a easy way to burn your house down? I bet passives arent too good at over-night action. And about the processor again, how many cores and how much ghz(or whatever it is gz/s?) there should be? Six core 3.60ghz should run bf3 on what? medium? high? And is there any other big diffrences between em, not just cores and that ghz thingy, im really an expert on computers and pretty much know anything about em, i just want to know what you guys think. (pokerface)

The amount of gigahertz or cores don't determine the processor's performance. Just look up benchmarks and see how CPUs perform in real world tasks. Then compare that to how much they cost and you'll be able to make a choice.

Passive cooling is an option, but not really for high-end cards unless you have great airflow in your case. So just stick to coolers. Some brands put on their own coolers which are usually better than the default ones, like the the Sapphire Vapor-X or MSI Twin Frozr.

And your claim that you're an expert on computers doesn't show. At all.

well, actually i was just testing your skills, but i forgot to add "i bet you dont even know" infront of those questions. But looks like you really know abit of that basic stuff, keep watching those youtube tutos and you'll have the skills to use internet foodstore someday, good luck Clavus.

usuk. Shit troll.