Mr. Green Gaming

Need quick help! (Minky)

Hey its DrMinky

Been building the computer, thought it wasn't working but it was just because the power switch was on the wrong way *mega face palm*

So re-built it all today and everything seems to be working, everything lights up and all the fans on the CPU cooler and graphics card are going so it seems to be fine, and all the drive bays are working too

Ran into a problem now however that I cant get a signal through the monitor. When ever I plug it in the screen just goes blue as if there is no signal, however it does skip channels to the right one whenever I turn on the computer.. Is this a problem that I only have HDMI to HDMI and VGI to HDMI cables? Or is it a fault in the wiring? There is one power slot in the motherboard i'm not using that i'm not sure what it does, but when I feed power to it it makes all the fans go at max speed and it gives error beeps, however without this plugged in the power button only turns it on and not off so I assume it must be for something.. It's labled JPWR2 but I have no idea what it does cause the motherboard has practically no instructions with it..

Using an MSI motherboard and a Radeon graphics card.

Any quick responses will be really appreciated, can't install windows or anything till I get the monitor working..

Well you definitely have to use that slot because your CPU gets from this slot power.

Could you describe the "error beeps" a bit precise? Like how often it beeps or how long etc.

Edit: Try to use only one RAM kit and test it on every slot. But do not unplug that 4 pin cable for your CPU.

Edited by CarPileUp

Got it working :pipe: fuck yeah! Luke's dad sorted it out when he got back, all the problem was I needed to use a direct cable to the graphics card, hahaha

Im quite proud I did it -almost- right :D first build, gonna take it apart next week and sort the wiring out a bit (maybe turn off a couple of the fans, theyre way too loud with 4 running

Got it working :pipe: fuck yeah! Luke's dad sorted it out when he got back, all the problem was I needed to use a direct cable to the graphics card, hahaha

Im quite proud I did it -almost- right :D first build, gonna take it apart next week and sort the wiring out a bit (maybe turn off a couple of the fans, theyre way too loud with 4 running

Lol, you dont know how loud my fans work, not helping my computer to cooldown normally. My computer turns off every fereaking time, so I need to open the window, where it is 15 or less degrees outside and stay in that cold environment in my room.

New question: How can I discreetly stretch an ethernet cable across the house? In particular just one place where it can't run across the skirting board because it needs to jump across the hall way. How should I do that? Up and around the ceiling or under the floor boards somehow?

If you can, try to make all of the cable go under the floor.

If you can't go beneath the wall's you are forced to go above the ceiling.

Or, if you have a "power measure closet" (dutch: meterkast) you can try to let your cable go up to the designated floor.

And go beneath the floor to your room. then you can let it pop outt where ever you want.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

New question: How can I discreetly stretch an ethernet cable across the house? In particular just one place where it can't run across the skirting board because it needs to jump across the hall way. How should I do that? Up and around the ceiling or under the floor boards somehow?

I would use networking over powerlines.

Yes, I think my friends Dad suggested that to me the other day.. I'll definately look into it! Can't wait to get CS:S up and running

• 2 weeks later...