Mr. Green Gaming

Rangers MC War Thread

Corby

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think you'd enjoy peaceful mode Minkypie. There's the interesting fact that you can't be claimed over. So you could get everyone to join your faction, claim some land, let them leave and just have a huge area to build in. Perhaps you can finally make the dreams of the utopian seaside village a reality? It's been helping a lot with our recent inactivity. I think we're about 10 power over what we're allowed but still have all our base :D

Plus if we go back to raiding during the summer we usually have a disturbing surplus of materials we'd never have time to use. So you can nab them :)

I think you'd enjoy peaceful mode Minkypie. There's the interesting fact that you can't be claimed over. So you could get everyone to join your faction, claim some land, let them leave and just have a huge area to build in. Perhaps you can finally make the dreams of the utopian seaside village a reality? It's been helping a lot with our recent inactivity. I think we're about 10 power over what we're allowed but still have all our base :D

Plus if we go back to raiding during the summer we usually have a disturbing surplus of materials we'd never have time to use. So you can nab them :)

So much effort creating new factions though.. Im always picky with who I let in and they always end up being super clingy and asking me what to do all the time - which is great and everything cause they find it fun - but its so much effort.. Just want to turn on the game and play y'know? :<

And yeah probably, factions I make have always been peaceful anyway.. I just like building pretty stuff and watch people try to blow it up (you guys were the only ones successful at it :V)

Just have Luke and your college buddies. Then I'm sure you could persuade some people from the old left4green faction to quickly sign it and boost your power up. They never have to sign in again as long as you remain peaceful. To be honest I think I prefer it that way, enchantments have kind of killed the joy of PVP for me. I'd prefer to only allow enchanted tools on a server like this.

You know what I'd love to do if the maps were more sustainable?

Create a peaceful faction, claim the area ALL around spawn and then just make it look amazing

Would stop people griefing the land and doing annoying shit near the spawn and would be cool for new players and to be used as a central meeting place for new players and trading and stuff.. Yeah.

That would be cool, though Clavus seems to have purposely put the spawn in a crater this time. But I get what you mean about the sustainability. I hate massively complex spawns, but feel a little bit of information to help people on a central message board would help out a lot. I end up typing out a lot of the same stuff to new players, explaining about factions and the dynamic map and GC perks. It'd be nice to see an open but visually pleasing spawn. I dunno why but I have it in my head like a roman bath house.

In it's current situation. I would personally hire not 'admins' as such. They wouldn't really be responsible for policing the server (though it's obviously handy to have them around when stuff like the serial spam abuse happens). But janitors. They'd all be grouped into one loving peaceful faction where they can build nice things and stuff (similar to that one map the Gods built some cool shit). But they would also be responsible for tidying up areas so that new factions can come and get some land that isn't totally griefed.

A lot of bases are part claimed from factions that never play anymore, and for someone to remove it would take too long. Instead, have a team of people with access to world edit that can simply cut a base out, or those stupid one high towers people build to get up to sky bases. And generally freshen up the area (replace grass with the brush tool, replant forests, repair tnt griefing) I have noticed the area around the spawner looking tidier lately so perhaps this already happens.

It would increase the longevity of the maps (also reducing the issue with GC items 'lost' so often), allow for more epic base construction and set a consistency to the server. For example it could be the case we have a new map every three months on the first day of the month. That way people know what to expect, and how long to spend on their base. I reckon with the next 1.2.6 update there won't be the need to refresh the map as much (if the modding API is implemented) so it really would be at top crew's discretion. And hopefully we'll finally have some stability with the plug ins with a more modular approach, meaning they'll all be cross compatible with little coding effort required.

I'd like to see a lot more teleporters as well. We have a huge map but few people make use of it because it's just so mundane sitting in a boat for 20 hours only to get killed by a skeleton when you reach your dream island. I think if there were these janitors, people could 'buy' a teleporter in their base that's linked to one at spawn (not sure if its possible with the current plug in, but would be wicked cool) and the janitor can go and install it.

Whenever I write a long post. I'm usually supposed to be doing some form of revision. This post is no exception, so I shall take my leave! Adieu.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

I agree: Basically using the gods for what they SHOULD be for

Now thats something that WOULD make me want to play.

Also, with the factions plugin you can get an extension so when you unclaim your land it repairs everything with new randomly generated terrain and ores and stuff - I dont see why that isnt used.

I should be revising too.. Ive not done much this evening :<

That is pretty damn cool. Is it when anyone unclaims or just an admin? If it's available to the paupers it's probably not enabled because it'd be very CPU intensive, and any spammer could easily take out the server in a few seconds.

It'd an interesting change to the server. But to be fair I don't know if the server does need changing, or if I'm just growing tired of it. Perhaps a bit of both.

Perhaps you should suggest it and apply for janitor? Would be nice to have something to look at other than griefed land and half smashed bases.