⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Dr.Minky's Pile O' Crap

My comments:

- I agree with what Baron said, you do need to change some things, like transportation, some textures, and the skeleton's bow.

- For the final version, you should think about the point of the game. As of the now, it feels like its all about building, but I think that it should be more about exploration. Are you going to put the factions idea in? I think that if you did, then people would have to have a real main goal.

- I think that some sort of flying should be enabled in the full version. Like maybe if you put on a special enchanted helmate, you can fly slowly.

More feedback to come,

Wezrine

P.S. Praise the Darkstar!

My comments:

- I agree with what Baron said, you do need to change some things, like transportation, some textures, and the skeleton's bow.

Could you expand on the texture part of it? Since that's the main focus currently (itll be good for me to show progressive research in my project report :V)

i.e. what blocks should be replaced, and suggestions for what could be put in place of them, or just tweaks to blocks

Thanks a lot you two, muchos apreciados seniors!

Well, to start off, I just thought about this. If you were to make this a survival/exploring type thing, it would be so hard for the players to get anywhere, do anything or build anything, because it is almost impossible to get even half of the blocks/items in the creative inventory. I would suggest that you could have a bunch of different teams, lead by a captain, who go out into the wild, with a bunch of stuff. This stuff could be blocks, ores, tools, anything! Then, over time, as the teams start to get to the bottom of their stashes, they could start getting their own resources. There should be a main city, kind of like we already have. This city would have a bunch of different fun things, stores, and other useful things.

I just thought of this: i think that it would almost get annoying to have survival mode on because of the shortage of supplies. It takes hundreds of blocks to make the cool and creative things that you want to see on the server. Without item spawning/creative mode, you could almost do nothing. I don't have many thoughts about what a possible solution could be, but I think you will figure something out.

As for the textures, I think that overall, it needs to be a bit more organic. I mean I love how you turned it into a really mechanical theme, but it feels like its a robot-craft instead of space craft. I am over exaggerating, but I would add a bit more natural feel to different blocks like wood. I love the wood so far, but I think at least one of the types of wood should be a more alien twist on wood, like maybe having like alien spirals on it or something. Right now, it feels like it is a metal piece of wood. Also, the plants, like the sapplings and tall grass look really akward. Having them just gray makes it feel too dark and gloomy. Make them more exciting, like by adding color. One more thing, this really buggs me! The melons, pumpkins, and cacti all took mechanical. You should jsut make them look like really twisted, and crazy versions of them.

Okay, now this is bad. The armors look like you took no time on them.( no offense ) Two different types of armors have the same textures! Then yo have the one that looks like medevil! I thought this was SPACE craft not MEDIVIEL CRAFT! Make them more like space, by having something like this:

-For the iron one, you could make it more like a traditional space suit. Like the white ones that you see all the time!

-Change the skeletons BOW!!!!!!! make it more space like!

- Change the zombies texture! It looks like an owl!

-Make the minecarts look like mini shuttles!

- make the wooden planks more organic!

-Paintings= AWESOME

- Ore blocks are jsut kinda akward. some of them are still the same and others just look weird!

-torches are akward make them like lanters or something!

- lazer bar things are sick!

Thats about it for the textures. More feedback coming!

Thanks, ill work on it some more tonight.

(Armour I haven't worked on at all, neither have I the tools at all / ores as I want to make the ores animated)

The problem with having dull colored grass+vines is that they all follow a biome pattern, so if I make the biomes grey (to look like rock) then the grass and vines are also grey. I'll see what I can do though.

As for your first comment, that is currently the plan anyway. To have two different alliances that start with a given base, then when a player joins they are assigned to an alliance. Then the players have to expand and get better and bigger and build out their resources until they can find a special object in the world or something like that. Also with the possibility of a center city/shop place where they can buy rare materials, but each alliance would have a bigger supply or a certain item so they would have to trade with eachother.

I'm not going into that now atm cause I want to get the feel of the game before I do how the server works, as this is just texture pack testing for now/

Edited by Dr.Minky

wow! love it!

love the textures for pigs and spiders so much, crack me up everytime! Structures look great too, Texture pack is generally awesome from what I've seen so far.

Can't think of any ways for improvement really... When it's not a creative free build server, I think it might be easier to visualise the game play and perhaps might be able to construct some improvements then.

Good Luck!

Mega :)

Okay guys, feed back is going great so far. Im going to update this page with a to-do list, and possible ideas for the full server! There is a chance of this being made into an actual server too, depending on the feedback it gets when I do some promotion. Of course, if it DOES get turned into a server I wont mention it on L4G or link to it at all, as I know its for .nl and we're not allowed to promote servers and blahblahblah,

At some point next week there will be another update and a new round of testing (Ill probably keep the old map) and ask a few of you to try out some server plugins if I set them up by then.

Also as a new rule in this thread can everyone please use spoiler tags in everything you post that isnt important from now on to keep it tidy from now on! While I know we're obviously talking a lot about this SpaceCraft thing, it is also the thread where I want to post things that are important to me so using spoilers will keep the mess down and the actual important posts normal

never mind actually, it doesnt matter

Thanks, and thanks to all the people who are helping with testing and suggestions. Lets get this train rollin'! - Minky

Edited by Dr.Minky

Below is an update list of things I plan to do / are doing.

If it is crossed out, that means I have either done that task, or have the plugin to add that feature set up.

To do:

- Update mushroom textures

- Tweak blocks so less are mechanical

- Change torches+redstone torches

- Finish ores

- Finish armour

- Add in animated blocks (Gold blocks, animated furnaces,)

- Hologram on the enchantment table

- Complete change of the GUI

- Complete change of the non-block items

- Add in a ray gun to replace the bow

- Source appropriate sounds for ATMOS

- Finish adding in custom music

- Change plants, grass and vines

Possible server ideas:

- Acid rain, meaning players have to run from the rain (there will be no warping for default members)

- Plots of land given to each member as a place to keep their items

- Players level up with an RPG plugin, and need to to be able to mine certain items

- Players spawn with certain items. As they level up, they earn the right to spawn with better items.

- A center trading city for inter alliance trading

- Possibly the planes mod. Some form of transportation anyway.

- Random quests that are given to players via a plugin

- Air lock, so players must wear a space suit (armor) while in space or they suffocate. (all player spawn with a space suit)

- Custom item names using sprite

- The end goal of capturing a power node (dragon egg) from an abandoned ship deep in space. This will be very hard, and require an alliance to take as many members as possible with their best resources.

- A custom map, consisting of TWO alliance areas (large planets) ONE main city (a small planet, for trading and inter-alliance communication) randomly generated small asteroids through space, and the large abandoned space ship containing the power node.

- No communication between alliances, unless that person is in the trading city.

Possible donation perks:

- ONE private warp

- A custom title and colour before their name

- Being renamed

- Spawn with a certain item without having to level up to it, e.g. spawn with better space suit, or enchanted space suits. (problem of hording however)

- Items being put into a chest upon death

- Purchasing a larger room in their alliance base

- Money for a virtual shop

- Buying a reserve slot

Edited by Dr.Minky

- Luke's story for the server -

Intro I guess?

It all takes place in the furthest reaches of space after the great galactic space war between the nigons and Peons ( Couldn't think of many names off characters ) which not even many acknowledged or never want to think about. You and the rest of your crew stranded in pitch black aboard the Exitprise ( Enterprise joke Hahahah -_- ) after you had taken heavy damage which damaged the main power core disabling 3 ' Power nodes ' which functioned the engines. With only rusty light sabres, small amount of lanterns, a limited food supply and space suits you take it upon yourselves to adventure out into the lonesome darkness which swallows near by stars.

Part1

Captain gathers members etc.... " Oh hey there guys yeah we are going to like go into space and stuff to find new power nodes on starships which haven't been inhabited by mutant aliens CHILL *cough* Yeah right * cough* " After the speech which everyone aboard happily listened to and nodded slowly at they all get suited up to ENTER THE DARKNESS!! Blardy blar..... One suit malfunctions and Wez some how dies... * oh no.... ( Suffocates ) Or his brother? :S * The guys gather whilst grounded to the ship with magnetic space boots on and talk about the new ZS update. Meanwhile the Captain is sat in his head qauteres sending out S.O.S calls without realising near by space bandits are on their way D: - Battle scene - Bandit ships firing crap at them * PEW PEW PEW * Smashing his hand on the desk the Captain shreeks " TO YOUR BATTLE STATIONS NIGGAS!!! " Big Dave comes running down the main deck in a fast motion shouting " CHAND!!!!! " Jumping up his ladder he belted himself in and took hold of the trigger of the At-130 laser ATT and start pelting lasers at the bandits. - Bandits die - End Scene.

Part 2 - Something to do with retrieving the first node, then coming across a few shut down merchant stalls in space. * Looting like the London riots * Gather resources carry on to the second starship.

Part 3 - Finally at the second starship, but a very sinister atmosphere is taking place. * BOSS BATTLE lvl 100 Pikamorph * - Boss dies or does he? - Making there way onto the ship they come across a few injured soldiers hanging onto their lives with everything they have got. One happens to have a Map of the ship which locates the engine room - * Go to the engine room well one of the crew do whilst the rest check for supplies and weapons * * He dies whilst his guts are being filtered through a vent which a monster pulled him through D: *

Part 3.5, part 4 and 5 can be made by others with better grammar and also better wording.

Edited by Luke Nukem

I like it, but youre thinking too much of an adventure map type server, which while good is not what I want to make. That means that its just 'complete task X' and then there is nothing left to do, and you have to reset the server. It needs to be an ongoing thing!

AAWHHGHHHHH BIG DAVE! DAVE MATE!

Well then.

- Colonise Wars -

Just like faction wars, but with colonies that colonise planets and they have to set up communities whilst also running their main starship. The starship's main purposes are for main homes whilst they set up other colonies on planets or lands and to also store goods of all kinds.

This brings me onto a trading server. Different colonies set up alliances to trade and also fight with whilst other colonies enemy and try and destroy and place their colonies there...

I am being lazy about going into a lot off detail, but that's a rough idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this lying about, something I made ages ago when I went through a period of making tons of flash animations, but its kinda cool :D

264373_2256427775241_1384748057_32556982_6942050_n.jpg

(in order) LukeNuke, TheLazyPeon and me,

223822_2257162353605_1384748057_32558124_6555609_n.jpg

Oh and heres a poster I made ages ago for a charity gig :D obviously all the act names arent filled in haha

148852_1702089037119_1384748057_31755576_5676264_n.jpg

And while I'm at it, heres the first slide in the presentation of the game MaliciousGrowth that me and Peon are making together and hopefully are gonna enter for the young game designer BAFTAS :V

MaliciousGrowthBackground3.jpg

Edited by Dr.Minky