Mr. Green Gaming

GMod Community Map, CONTRIBUTE!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then create one

Make sure you use the Orange Box settings.

For all of you who are having the grid problems. I had to it too but fixed it. Use the orange box engine. Not ep1. And if that doesnt fix it, make sure the paths are exactly what he specified. And not something you thought would work, like "$SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps"instead of "$SteamDir\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps" for the Place Compiled Maps.
- You can extract textures from different Source games into Ep2.

- You can do this by using GCFscape

Why should I want to do this? Clavus stated we won't use custom textures and compile in Ep2. So I suppose we need to use HL2 and Ep2 textures only. Can't help it you guys use CSS textures and such.

Changed:

* Re-aligned botervloot's aquarium. Don't resize the thing when you have complex brushwork; makes half the vertices go offgrid.

* Replaced aweful displacement in aquarium

* Reapplied missing textures. ONLY USE TEXTURES AVAILABLE IN HL2 EP2 HAMMER SETTINGS. I said we could do custom textures if this map comes out well. So no CSS textures (Deluvas...).

* Changed some crappy brushwork

* Ladder now uses the right ladder system, not the crappy old CSS system

* Optimized map. Come on people, use nodraw textures where needed and turn every brush smaller than a wall into a func_detail... I just increased the VVIS compilation speed a tenfold by following those simple tricks (first it took 1.5 minutes to compile, now 13 seconds).

Added:

* Bubbles in aquarium

* Some interior on the top floor of the house

Oh and people, build upon other structures too, avoid just picking a piece of blank space and dumping something there.

Before you start editing, make sure you read everything I posted here thoroughly.

New VMF:

gm_mrgreen.zip

UNLOCK

post-3-1239127017_thumb.jpg

post-3-1239127023_thumb.jpg

post-3-1239127030_thumb.jpg

post-3-1239127038_thumb.jpg