⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

My random drawings

Quert

I recently saw 'Dr.Minky's pile O' crap' topic so I thought I might aswell put up some pictures of drawings that I (or my brother, he is better than me... if I can find his) made.

Comments and tips are accepted (costructive criticism)

I might add more pictures afterwards

P.S.: I took those pictures with my Xperia 10 Mini. My new mobile phone with touch screen and a camera. So the images will appear quite small.

Kira (from Death Note)

106lksn.jpg

A random drawing (looks weird, and I used flash with all lights turned off to make it possible to see)

25utoao.jpg

Team Fortress 2 background

14b10zs.jpg

From my brother (Looks like it's unfinished.)

insx3n.jpg

Edited by Quert

I recently saw 'Dr.Minky's pile O' crap' topic so I thought I might aswell put up some pictures of drawings that I (or my brother, he is better than me... if I can find his) made.

LET THE SWEET SEED OF CREATIVE LOVE GUSH FORTH!

A random drawing (looks weird, and I used flash with all lights turned off to make it possible to see)

25utoao.jpg

Thats quite interesting.. You could experiment by going over the different lines in different thickness of black liner pen, maybe add some (subtle, not super bright felt tip) colours to it :V

I took GCSE art.. Hated it :c Ill look through it and see if there's anything worth uploading anyway..

Edited by Dr.Minky

I took GCSE art..

Uhhh... what does that stand for? Actually, I made my drawings during boring hours of school when the teacher isn't there, or during the break.

Thats quite interesting.. You could experiment by going over the different lines in different thickness of black liner pen, maybe add some (subtle, not super bright felt tip) colours to it :V

I suck at colouring, I always end up choosing colours that can't stay togheter and look horrible mixed up. Though, I've just found a random drawing made by my brother, and he used colours.

And I mostly use a normal pencil, But your tips are interesting and I will definetly try them.

BRB. going in his room to steal the note where he attached the drawing with a sticky tape...

EDIT: Here's the weird drawing.

245caz9.jpg

GCSE is General Certificate of Secondary Education, basically its the stage before A levels (A levels are before university, I dont know what the equivalents are..)

Another way to improve (on your people drawn) to get proportions right on the people, its one of the most important things! Try googling or looking on YouTube for some tutorials on drawing comic book characters (Its probably the best to get a general idea of the proportions), and then after youve drawn a few characters you get a better understanding of drawing things to scale

Id also recommend just doing some tracing drawings of still images n stuff to get an idea of how stuffs positioned, like faces and shit like that, :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

The images are very low on resolution so it's hard to see any details

It's hard to give any sort of critism on them as well, since they are either very basic or drawn from a reference.

I know, but I can't get huge images with a mobile phone

EDIT:

Another way to improve (on your people drawn) to get proportions right on the people, its one of the most important things! Try googling or looking on YouTube for some tutorials on drawing comic book characters (Its probably the best to get a general idea of the proportions), and then after youve drawn a few characters you get a better understanding of drawing things to scale

Id also recommend just doing some tracing of stuff to get an idea of how stuffs positioned, like faces and shit like that

Actually, I think the proportions are roughly OK, maybe the head is a little big, on the Zombie and Freeman picture.

About the TF2 background image, I guess the proportions are pretty 'fucked up'... but I made it about one year ago.

And what do you think about my brother's artwork?

Edited by Quert

The images are very low on resolution so it's hard to see any details

It's hard to give any sort of critism on them as well, since they are either very basic or drawn from a reference.

I know, but I can't get huge images with a mobile phone

Might wanna get a scanner then, if drawing is your thing.

Yeah your brothers artworks really good! Does he just do it as a hobby?

Yes, that's pretty much a random pastime

More pictures incoming.

Random weird drawing ( random curves )

jrvi83.jpg

Random weird drawing ( random curves 2 )

2s8ffwm.jpg

Random weird drawing ( random curves 3 )

2nvectd.jpg

Compare them: The doctor (Minky :lol: ) , I think that's an Assassin Creed character.

Made this just today

jl3rwl.jpg2hd8itx.jpg

Seems I made him a little more fat :mellow:

Edited by Quert

ARE YOU SAYING IM FAT? IM NOT FAT! I'm just... Poofy.

No one has seen my real face.. I am very mysterious,

406907_3014732612388_1384748057_33071402_133731363_n.jpg

Anyway, they look good, you should try doing the line thickness on those doodles and see what you can do with them :D maybe add random twirling bits from it

Also theres a good method to learn how to shade textures well that you should give a go and upload. Print off a picture and split it up into squares (put a 1.5 cm grid on it or something) and then do the same lightly on a piece of paper, then you take it ONE BOX at a time and copy it as much as you can. Its important to do it bit by bit cause otherwise you start to assume the shape of it and the textures go wrong and blah blah,

oh oh oh and, if you're copying an image like that, try copying the image upside down, and youll find it actually looks better a lot of the time (specially when doing faces) because your brain kind of, assumes, shapes it knows like the body and the face, so when you turn it upside down your brain doesn't recognize it so you're actually copying whats there and not what you think is there ;v

SCIENCE!

Edited by Dr.Minky

oh oh oh and, if you're copying an image like that, try copying the image upside down, and youll find it actually looks better a lot of the time (specially when doing faces) because your brain kind of, assumes, shapes it knows like the body and the face, so when you turn it upside down your brain doesn't recognize it so you're actually copying whats there and not what you think is there ;v

SCIENCE!

WTF?? Seriously? Woah! :o

I never knew that, I'll definetly do that

Also... stay away from me when you've got a syringe.

I just think that death from poison is the worst of all...

Edited by Quert
  • 3 weeks later...

When drawing from reference, it's much like when writing something down from the board at school.

Don't just copy the lines, think of what you're doing. Is this part a wrinkle, upper lip, shoelace, vein, etc.

Did I already tell you half of them is awfull, no ?

Oh well ........

why did you even post that it's in no way helpful or nice

just plain mean

get out

Edited by EmRA

Oh well ........

Constructive criticism, hm? Well, I guess you have to say how things are.

Did I mention that the quarian you drew a while back lacked a waist, and that quarian legs don't work that way? <_<

But I digress. I personally like your drawings. My only complaint is that you really should use blank paper for drawing. All those lines make the pictures bit disorganized.

But I digress. I personally like your drawings. My only complaint is that you really should use blank paper for drawing. All those lines make the pictures bit disorganized.

Uhh... Yes, will try to use blank paper.

Only a few of those drawings were serious ones though, I guess i'll make them more 'professionally'

EDIT:

I blame the poor photo quality and size.

'cause IMO they look good enough if I directly look at them. (even if not as good as my bro's or EmRA's)

I wish I had a scanner I could use freely.

Edited by Quert
  • 2 months later...