Mr. Green Gaming

The Forum's Thoughts On MC Server.

awesomeo_5000

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the current set up of the server?

• Yes, I enjoy it and don't want any changes to be made.
    • Yes, but I think it needs some changes which I would love to write below!
    • No, I don't like how the server is set up and needs a complete overhaul.
    • I don't even play minecraft, I was just in the neighbourhood and thought I'd stop by.

New map sometime next week. Plugins will be updated. I'll make an automated death system for any combatloggers.

New map won't do fucking shit.

Plugins excluding Anti-XRay, FoundDiamonds and CombatTag/PvP (Alternate, similar plugin) won't do fucking shit.

If people Combat Log and they still know it's against the rules they obviously they don't give a shit about their items rather the ability to play on the server.

We just need more fucking admins, not that hard to understand.

New map sometime next week. Plugins will be updated. I'll make an automated death system for any combatloggers.

Plugins excluding Anti-XRay, FoundDiamonds and CombatTag/PvP (Alternate, similar plugin) won't do fucking shit.

If people Combat Log and they still know it's against the rules they obviously they don't give a shit about their items rather the ability to play on the server.

Hmmm......

Hmmm......

-Negativity is best for me right now as I am not in the best of moods. -

Pretty much this. But seems hard to comprehend.

Ok Here is another idea. I think that there should be a whitelist where if you a member on the forums, then you automatically get your name on the whitelist. To make sure that all the little 12 year old dutchies dont get drawn here, then make an age limit, with some exceptions. Like certain people you allow to make an account. That way, the TopCrew wont have to go through applications and a good bit of the hackers will go away.

Where would you get these said admins

Mordor

Ok Here is another idea. I think that there should be a whitelist where if you a member on the forums, then you automatically get your name on the whitelist. To make sure that all the little 12 year old dutchies dont get drawn here, then make an age limit, with some exceptions. Like certain people you allow to make an account. That way, the TopCrew wont have to go through applications and a good bit of the hackers will go away.

No. You think that will actually stop people playing? Or do you think it will just mean you get tons of mcfags spamming the forums? PRO CLUE: Its the second one.

Edited by Dr.Minky

Mordor

No. You think that will actually stop people playing? Or do you think it will just mean you get tons of mcfags spamming the forums? PRO CLUE: Its the second one.

Agreed, forum whitelisting would be a nightmare for TC and Corby, And I'll be honest, You don't want most of those on the MC server here.

On an unrelated note, are animated sigs allowed again now, or something

Just need more of the current admins to at least look at the minecraft reporting topics. To be honest I am really frustrated. You record shit, the computer even lags sometimes during the recording. You edit it. You upload it. You have to PM the staff in order to get a chance of an action.

Ok NO PROBLEM there are no admins playing it. But at least take a look at the reports...........?

Eh, should probably end rant. Chances of it being fixed is close to finding out how the universe was made.

1) people complain about lack of admins

2) admin does his job and checks the server and players

3) players come complain on the forum/in game/ on irc that the admin is abusing

4) admin says balls to to it

5) rinse and repeat

The entire faction idea irritates me because this isn't a war, it's a chaos led by retards who think they're awesome and do anything possible to make the entire mc server a living hell. "OMG GIVE US NETHER CLAIM SO WE CAN CLAIM THE NETHER AND MONOPOLIZE THE NETHER WARTS". If everyone on the server would stop whining and complaining for a while and actually try to make some kind of decent war for once. Frontiers and stuff like the first intention was. We were supposed to make kick-ass bases and then fight on the field for all that was worth, and save the kingdom but instead we got massive cubes, campers and whiners. Jeez, the mc community is one of the most childish ones. Thank god that there is no way to have voice chat in-game.

I feel like the server goes down at least once a week. awesome you need to enforce the rule that you can't comment on something unless you are involved because certain guys are getting annoying as shit.

Fun fact: Awesomeo isn't an admin.

Sorry, I fail to see where he said awesomeo.

5) rinse and repeat

The entire faction idea irritates me because this isn't a war, it's a chaos led by retards who think they're awesome and do anything possible to make the entire mc server a living hell. "OMG GIVE US NETHER CLAIM SO WE CAN CLAIM THE NETHER AND MONOPOLIZE THE NETHER WARTS". If everyone on the server would stop whining and complaining for a while and actually try to make some kind of decent war for once. Frontiers and stuff like the first intention was. We were supposed to make kick-ass bases and then fight on the field for all that was worth, and save the kingdom but instead we got massive cubes, campers and whiners. Jeez, the mc community is one of the most childish ones. Thank god that there is no way to have voice chat in-game.

Not being able to claim the nether is no problem, IF there wasn't xrayers.

Edited by ruCsan

I feel like the server goes down at least once a week. awesome you need to enforce the rule that you can't comment on something unless you are involved because certain guys are getting annoying as shit.

I believe it is that part. Either that, or it's a really odd word placement.

I believe it is that part. Either that, or it's a really odd word placement.

Magnets?

Here's how I see Nether Claiming as an opportunity, as Nether Strongholds hold many opportunities for farming.

• Finding a chunk that spawns Magma Cubes may enable the ability to create a Magma Cream farm, used towards Pottion of Fire Resistance.
  • Finding a Nether-Stronghold can allow you the access to the unique Nether Brick Block.
  • Also in the Nether Stronghold you may find a Nether Wart farm. They are required for every single potion in game; The inability to farm this in the Overworld results in people standing AFK in their Nether Wart farm, even though the lag will prevent the necessary ticks to form, which is how the Nether Wart grows.
  • Finding a Blaze Spawner will allow you the chance to transform it into a safe, easy Blaze Farm, which brings Blaze Rods as an income; Which can be used to make Strength Potions and Potions of Weakness, also.
  • Alternatively, as a previous method, I used to store all of my valuables in the Nether. Why? People would rarely suspect it, and by covering up your base with lava, or putting it in one of the common lava lakes, people wouldn't dare try and see what you've got in there.

Overworld

Sometimes the things that go on in the Overworld piss me off, such as people building so close to spawn - Seeing all these craters made by creepers and all this path obstruction is hideous, makes it a disgrace to play on a server where the spawn is not even recognizable.

• Create a spawn where there's more than 1 safezone - Preferably 4 SafeZones in all directions, like so:
    #####
    #####
    ##*##
    #####
    #####
    #: SafeZones
    *: Chunk where you spawn
    Along with putting up a sign(s) at spawn listing the rules, add links to Left4Green.com and map.minecraft.nl:8123# | Also add the fact that you shouldn't build your bases so close to spawn in the rules.
  • As that would lessen random claims, I recon you enable the ability to claim without having 3 people in your faction and the ability to claim land that isn't next to your first claim.

The End should be an opportunity, not a land that took your time to kill Endermen, Blazes and then put together enough Eyes of Ender to complete the portal.

Editing...

Edited by Drainal

I've bought minecraft in the beta and just played on some homehost servers and creative mode singleplayer to just "build" things.

When I tried left4green minecraft server about a month ago with faction wars it was all pretty confusing, you get like 500 new commands and it's pretty difficult if you've got little online minecraft experience.

When I asked for help people offered me to join there faction but they just threw me in a prison and not let me out. Luckily there was one nice guy that explained me how to hide myself on the radar (and change chat modes). That way I could build a little, and get some armor and weapons. To bad he abandonned the faction in like 2 days and no-one is letting you join there faction. I understand you dont want anyone chopping wood when you'r getting your diamond weapons and preparing for war. So I hope there can be a mr.green creative server where I just can build together with other people.

there was a lot of lag in the week I played, lot of players were unhittable if you tried to fight them.

Edited by hulpje

5) rinse and repeat

An admins job is to play on the server too. To seek out xrayers and active hackers maybe when some people don't record.

^^^^If that made any sense

I like the server just the way it is for the most part, but I would like to see the admins add safe spots to THE END portals and The Blaze mob spawners. Then all people if they wanted to could to THE END and also everyone would have an equal chance of getting blaze rods to make a brewing stand and making potions. Then the map would be a lot more sustainable and it wouldn't need to be restarted as much because of the nether being depleted of potion making stuff.

The end portals are indestructible, they just require you to find and secure them. There's not a whole lot in the end - Just endermen to grind exp/ender pearls. And to be honest if you had every Tom, Dick and Harry in there it would just be an extension of the battlefield causing you to lose your hard earned exp. Not to mention the griefing that would take place.

At the moment, it's a race to secure resources. Like any conflict, one side holds a resource or asset you want and your objective is to destroy them and take it for your self. Want that end portal? You better get beefed up son.

The nether is an interesting debate. Safe zoning the portal IMO would be a good thing. Safe zoning anything else or allowing claiming over one block would be bad.

Edited by awesomeo_5000