Mr. Green Gaming

Faptop + eGPU = OMGoose

works on mac? lel

probably

and if not u can partition os's

but i bet mac works shit for a ton of games thou

No thanks, i prefer a desktop pc.

Just imagine ruining your expensive gpu by a small mistake like someone tripping on a wire or spilling something on it lol.

tons of ppl have to move around we dont all live in an idyllic dutch villages called de cocksdorp where we fap, drink milk, have sexy time with goats all day long while we watch the pigs fatten

• Greens

What's the point? You buy what you need to fit your needs. This sounds and looks like a recipe for disaster in my opinion. 

I removed my Gaming PC from my Desk as I don't play online games anymore, so I just chill on my new MacBook Pro and talk trash on here xD 

works on mac? lel

probably

Just imagine ruining your expensive gpu by a small mistake like someone tripping on a wire or spilling something on it lol.

tons of ppl have to move around we dont all live in an idyllic dutch villages called de cocksdorp where we fap, drink milk, have sexy time with goats all day long while we watch the pigs fatten

You can build smaller desktop pc's, and you wont need 2 fragile seperate boxes next to your laptop, so what you said makes no sense.

works on mac? lel

probably

You can build smaller desktop pc's, and you wont need 2 fragile seperate boxes next to your laptop, so what you said makes no sense.

dude laptops are way cheaper than desktop pcs today, but it used to be the opposite way around.

pc gaming is a master race, theres even a reddit subgroup called pcmasterrace

however what most people have to do is buy a laptop so they can move around and get a job and ''communicate''. and lately its gotten worse, now theyre all playing angry birds while commuting to work on a shitty smartphone.

not only are laptops way cheaper than desktops if theyr not for gaming, u have to waddle around with a monitor. here that cable u use for egpu instead of monitor. theres no need to go all upper lip posh de cocksdorpian about dis, its a great idea and prolly dirt cheap if u get the bits second hand.

Since when is a laptop cheaper then a pc with the same preformance?

If you want cheap pc gaming you should not go laptop at all.

I mean, if you buy a cheap laptop and use this, your cpu will most likely be the bottleneck anyway.

when a laptop costs 300 euro and a monitor cost 120 euro i doubt u can buy the mobo and the case and the cables for just 180 euros

or can you? gimme a link on amazon so i can see what ur thinking of.

but even if u could its still harder to transport than laptop plus psu plus gpu

im not gonna get into the intricacies of this shizzles cuz i did that when i built my desktop and it wasnt fun at all but in the link someone says you lose about 10-20% of the capacity of the gpu thats all really. and cpus dont really affect games if theyr gpu based not role playing and if ur not multifapping w/ hyperthreading etc.

i would never say buy a faptop. i hate them, wat im saying is now that they've spread like the plague cuz of work reasons, at least we can contain the plague of shittiness by giving the poor ppl with faptops a chance to be part of le master race.

Honestly I doubt a 300eu laptop will be suitable for running anything heavier then Facebook games. Unless you can get a great second hand deal, but of course that will be cheaper.

Cpu's do affect gameplay a lot, when your Cpu can't keep up then you can keep adding guys but they will not preform normally.

After a certain point Cpu stops being that important, but without a half decent Cpu those fancy gpu won't do much for you.

Edited by KaliBwoy

Honestly I doubt a 300eu laptop will be suitable for running anything heavier then Facebook games. Unless you can get a great second hand deal, but of course that will be cheaper.

Cpu's do affect gameplay a lot, when your Cpu can't keep up then you can keep adding guys but they will not preform normally.

After a certain point Cpu stops being that important, but without a half decent Cpu those fancy gpu won't do much for you.

depends on the type of game. sure, role playing or civilization 5 or football manager, but on gpu based games, from what i read on comparison sites cpu pretty much didnt matter at all. its an easy experiment to make anyways, apart from the gpu and psu which i already have on my desktop theres just another piece or two in the article iirc and i might try it for fun

• Greens

To put it in perspective. I have a £900 Gigabyte P34 laptop in work. I did a VR presentation on it using my Oculus Rift DK2. The laptop ran it okish with a frame rate of 50-60fps, and make my companies CEO ill. 

This laptop is running 8gb of 1600mhz RAM an i7 and 780m GPU.

My personal desktop computer at home runs an i5 3470 with a gtx 660 with 8gb of 1800mhz ram. My desktop ran it flawlessly. Why? Because of form factor and that i7 processors on laptops are different to that on a PC to laptops and have restrictions and downgraded specs.

Why do you think we have huge heatsinks on desktops but not on laptops xD 

Gaming laptops are a fad in my eye's, if you are doing something serious and intensive you get a desktop or central server depending on the task.

( I'm an IT technician and IT engineer trainee, so I know a thing or two about proper industry standards for intensive tasks to be done efficiently. Not Reddit fags who think because they build their own rigs they know best, and know everything. Reality is that reddit fags don't know the difference between dvi-i and dvi-d xDDDD  )

Guest F1MADKILLER

All I know is that on gpubenchmark it costs a ton more of dollaz to inch ur score higher with a craptop than with a heavenly desktop. it was depressing seeing craptops gain the market share they gained, not to mention crapphones and then when angry birds and fappy bird came along it was like the walking dead

But sometimes lappys are useful and smartphones

To put it in perspective. I have a £900 Gigabyte P34 laptop in work. I did a VR presentation on it using my Oculus Rift DK2. The laptop ran it okish with a frame rate of 50-60fps, and make my companies CEO ill. 

My personal desktop computer at home runs an i5 3470 with a gtx 660 with 8gb of 1800mhz ram. My desktop ran it flawlessly. Why? Because of form factor and that i7 processors on laptops are different to that on a PC to laptops and have restrictions and downgraded specs.

Gaming laptops are a fad in my eye's, if you are doing something serious and intensive you get a desktop or central server depending on the task.

( I'm an IT technician and IT engineer trainee, so I know a thing or two about proper industry standards for intensive tasks to be done efficiently. Not Reddit fags who think because they build their own rigs they know best, and know everything. Reality is that reddit fags don't know the difference between dvi-i and dvi-d xDDDD  )

To be fair, industry standards and gaming standards are 2 different things. I agree with you, but being an it technician doesn't necessarily mean knowing more then hobbyists.
Guest F1MADKILLER

To be fair, industry standards and gaming standards are 2 different things. I agree with you, but being an it technician doesn't necessarily mean knowing more then hobbyists.

Well put Kali