Mr. Green Gaming

[ZS] Mapcycle Updating

Since i won't bump the old mapcycle thread, i'm just gonna write here. (I don't even think that thread exists anymore :<)

I would like to get rid of the maps that don't fit the game. (Really small maps, nowhere to hide, cluster-fucked). Examples : zs_raunchy(iest??)er? (what's with those names, anyway :/), zs_pub, zs_zincoshine, etc.

Complete maplist:

1: zs_zincoshine_revamp

2: zs_uglyfort

3: zs_snow_v1

4: zs_tunnels_fixed_v2

5: zs_clav_maze

6: zs_storm_v1

7: zs_fortress

8: zs_barren

9: zs_house_number_23

10: zs_clav_segments_v2

11: zs_nastierhouse_v3

12: zs_nastyhouse_v3b_fixed

13: zs_subway_1_cargo

14: zs_termites_final

15: zs_bog_pubremakev2bf

16: zs_raunchyhouse_final

17: zs_vitron_f9

18: zs_outpost_final

19: zs_villagehouse_final

20: zs_stormier_v1

21: zs_sewers_final

22: zs_bog_shityhouse

23: zs_alexg_motel_v2

24: zs_pub

25: zs_greenpub_b1

26: zs_subversive_v2

27: zs_forgotten_city_enclosed

28: zs_ravenholm_v4

29: zs_clav_inverse

30: zs_thevillage

31: zs_port_v5

32: zs_deadhouse

33: zs_urbandecay2

34: zs_plague_v2

35: zs_shithole_v3

36: zs_farmhouse

37: zs_imashouse_final

38: zs_clav_massive

39: zs_clav_wall

40: zs_junkyard

41: zs_direforest

42: zs_subversive_part4

Nominal Maps: (Rejected Only means that gameplay on those maps is horrible. Partially-Rejected or Semi-Rejected means that they're playable-ish and Nominal means they're nice/really nice!)

*Note: Ignore any mistakes i've made here (writing mistakes, i hope you understand what i wanted to say).

1: zs_zincoshine_revamp - Rejected (Small map, no place to go, zombie spawn near human spawn,roof camp)

2: zs_uglyfort - Semi - Rejected (no place to go)

3: zs_snow_v1 - Rejected (Small map, no place to go, zombie spawn near human spawn)

4: zs_tunnels_fixed_v2 Rejected (low fps [on Sapphire 4850], no place to go, roof camp)

5: zs_clav_maze - Nominal (Besides from the fact that you have no place to go, it's alright)

6: zs_storm_v1 - Nominal (You can camp but you can't hide)

7: zs_fortress - Rejected (Spawn killing)

8: zs_barren - Nominal

9: zs_house_number_23 - Partially rejected (Small map, no place to go, probably enable it when there are a few players)

10: zs_clav_segments_v2 - Nominal (Besides from the fact that you have no where to go, it's ok)

11: zs_nastierhouse_v3 - Rejected (Small map, boring, camping, not suitable for the gamemode)

12: zs_nastyhouse_v3b_fixed - Rejected (Same as above)

13: zs_subway_1_cargo - Nominal (Really nice map, the gamemode needs more maps like this, you can hide, you can run, you can survive)

14: zs_termites_final - Rejected - (Small map, boring, not suitable for the gamemode)

15: zs_bog_pubremakev2bf - Semi - Rejected (Small map, human massacre, camping, etc :<)

16: zs_raunchyhouse_final - Semi - Rejected (Small map, probably enable it when there are a few players)

17: zs_vitron_f9 - Rejected - (Low fps, no place to go, zombie spawn near human spawn)

18: zs_outpost_final - Rejected (Low fps, no place to go,roof camping)

19: zs_villagehouse_final - Semi - Rejected (Small map, human massacre,sometimes camping)

20: zs_stormier_v1 - Nominal (Small map but nice)

21: zs_sewers_final - Rejected (You can only hide in the upper tunnels, unsuitable for this kind of gameplay)

22: zs_bog_shityhouse - Semi - Rejected (Small map - prop heaven!, probably enable it when there are a few players)

23: zs_alexg_motel_v2 - Partially Rejected (Small map, restricted to a motel, zombies burst in, the rest is meat)

24: zs_pub - Rejected (Very small map, removed for good)

25: zs_greenpub_b1 - Partially Rejected (not finished, composed of just a motel/pub. Only one way to the first floor - most of the time, blocked)

26: zs_subversive_v2 - Nominal (Nice map but boring :<)

27: zs_forgotten_city_enclosed - Nominal (Nice map)

28: zs_ravenholm_v4 - Nominal (Very nice map)

29: zs_clav_inverse - Partially Rejected (You can hide/run, most of the time zombies ain't got a chance because of the long corridors )

30: zs_thevillage - Rejected (Low fps, the crushing elevator, the camping house)

31: zs_port_v5 - Partially Rejected (Small nice map, but the human spawn is a camping place since you have nowhere else to go)

32: zs_deadhouse - Nominal (AWARD) Excellent map

33: zs_urbandecay2 - Nominal - Nice map, but it would have been better if there was a bigger version of this.

34: zs_plague_v2 - Partially Rejected (Boring map, no place to go/run, spawn killing sometimes)

35: zs_shithole_v3 - Rejected (Small map, fast paced, zombie spawn near human spawn, not suitable for gamemode)

36: zs_farmhouse - Rejected (Low fps, no place to hide/run/go, ends fast)

37: zs_imashouse_final - Rejected (Small map, roof camp, sometimes the human spawn is a big tent for campers)

38: zs_clav_massive - Nominal - Cool map although some players throw themselves in the nothingness.

39: zs_clav_wall - Partially Rejected (unbalanced map - zombies can't reach the humans in the first 5-7 minutes, after that the round ends, no place to hide/run/go)

40: zs_junkyard - Rejected (Usually players get on the roof and zombies don't have a chance at the beginning)

41: zs_direforest - Rejected (Funny map but with low fps, small map, fast paced, turns into a slaughter house in minutes!)

42: zs_subversive_part4 - Nominal - (The map is alright, kind of boring, sometimes camping)

Rejected maps should be removed.

Partially rejected maps should be placed as secondary on vote or played with less people. (some of them should be removed, though)

Nominal maps are staying.

If you find maps you think would fit the game, post them here and me or Ywa/Clavus will have a look at them. Ywa is porting some cool maps. Hope they end up properly :P

Map types like the following you could search : zs_deadhouse, left4dead like maps, infected wars like maps (most of them fit the gamemode), zs_ravenholm_v4,zs_barren, etc. (Big maps, where you can hide/run, even barricade, urban-ish but not like outpost where you can see everybody and camp on the roof or like zs_plague)

Note#2: Mapcycle cleaning will start until you've had a chance to comment on something from above.

Edited by Deluvas

Nooo,not zs_storm! At least you should keep the good old maps from 1st ZS (storm,stormier,raunchyhouse,the village,urban decay, plague).

The FPS problems are weird, do you have a good 3D card? Because not everyone has this problems I think.

Maps to add:

ZS_thecity (with new gamemode it would be awesome, you have some places to hide)

Zs_placid (Nice map in zs_storm's style with a surrounding area with water,hills...)

Zs_3rd street (Urbandecay style, with streets and opened buildings)

Zs_haunted bayou (a bit if optimization and it would be ok,that was a good map D: )

Zs_barrelfactory (mehehe!)

Well you noticed that all of these maps,except bayou, are from Zs 9, but that doesn't mean they are outdated! They are all awesome maps, and more opened maps (as thecity,3rd street) would be welcomed!

Why not putting these maps just to test? And if players like them keep em! :christmas:

At my eyes, first zs's maps are still excellent for most of them :)

Requests to be added:

wurzel and rabidtransit

Both maps I removed in the past because they frustrated players.

I'm not totally convinced by your list. I know you want to only have good maps in the cycle, but 'bad' maps are what make the good maps shine even more.

Small maps should not be rejected because they're small. They're fun with less players. Maybe just make a minimum-maximum player system like I use in the Infected Wars mapcycle.

Maybe just make a minimum-maximum player system like I use in the Infected Wars mapcycle.

I had that in mind for some time. I've talked to Ywa about this. Great idea, by the way :P

Also, as i have written in the first post, partially rejected/semi rejected maps won't be removed. Probably only the really bad ones, but the rest will remain in the cycle to be played with less players.

Edited by Deluvas

Ah, is it only me that noticed that there are unbreakable woodcrates on bog_pubremake ?

I just nailed one of them in front of the doorway with the plank in small house and no one could get me.

Guys here is a good looking map called zs_urbandecay_v3 it got some places to stay at not like the old version that we got for ages.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=68163

Edited by Holy

Maybe re-add some classic maps back ? that fit more with this gamemode :o

Need to get them names back tho.

I will edit them in my post i think are suitable for this ZS

zs_zombies_on_a_train (dont know full name, not THAT good tho, better if someone adds some rooms and such.)

zs_residentevil (IW server has it, i think it will be sexy for ZS)

Edited by Hundred2

Maybe re-add some classic maps back ? that fit more with this gamemode :o

Need to get them names back tho.

I will edit them in my post i think are suitable for this ZS

zs_zombies_on_a_train (dont know full name, not THAT good tho, better if someone adds some rooms and such.)

zs_residentevil (IW server has it, i think it will be sexy for ZS)

Is zombie on a train the map where 2 trains always come and you need to jump on them and use a ramp to come to the humans ?

If yes this map kick ass but its small.