Mr. Green Gaming

HLX stats question

Well, today I managed to play TF2 on KoTH server and seem to lost a giant ammount of points (In 3 hours I lost ~1,500 points) even though, I was almost every time on first place (even made Darkstar mad :3).

So later when I payed attention on my points after 3 deaths, I lost 75 points!

The thing is that I lost 25 points EVERY TIME I died. And for the kills I got 5 points only every time I did a kill. So I have a question: Should it be like that? Or its somehing wrong with my HLX stats?

Before I lost different ammount of points, mainly 5, 9 or 11 as well as for killing.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Diden't we go to game ME and left HLSTATSX behind?

I thought GameME has a different system and we had to start getting our stats all over again?

No. HLStatsX data was imported into GameME since GameMe is by the same people who originally did HLStatsX, but a paid for version.

Oh, but then, Is the system the same? or its kinda different with earning K/D points? Its just I can lose all my stuff really fast.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Congratulations on finally noticing that lol. I lose 25 points for practically everyone cept for people who play loads in arena because you only lose a max of 25 points every round and there is a big chance you get a lot of points.

That's why I hate that points system. You lose 25 points per death and only get 5 per kill.

I just didnt play much tf2 this summer. I was on vacations.

Then I put my pc and just didnt play tf2.

Damn, I had 53,000 points before and lost it THAT fast.

I guess thats a bit bad because you will only lose it rather than getting it

Oh and anyway, I got lost 5 points only for getting killed by someone with a bit more than 1,000 points.

That's how this system works. You do not gain points continuously by playing longer, you gain points by being good at the game. You lose 5 to 25 points based on the point difference with your killer, and he gains those points (but if they're new on the server, they first have to get 50 points before they can obtain the full 25 points from you). Eventually you'll either strike a balance or you keep climbing the ladder because you get more than 25 points average per life (which most of the top-range folks do).

Besides kills you also get points based on multi-kills, headshots, point captures, destroying buildings and other shenanigans. There are a lot of other options to keep your score high. The top ranked folk have a k/d ratio of around 2, so they are getting points through lots of other things.

That's how this system works. You do not gain points continuously by playing longer, you gain points by being good at the game. You lose 5 to 25 points based on the point difference with your killer, and he gains those points (but if they're new on the server, they first have to get 50 points before they can obtain the full 25 points from you). Eventually you'll either strike a balance or you keep climbing the ladder because you get more than 25 points average per life (which most of the top-range folks do).

Besides kills you also get points based on multi-kills, headshots, point captures, destroying buildings and other shenanigans. There are a lot of other options to keep your score high. The top ranked folk have a k/d ratio of around 2, so they are getting points through lots of other things.

Oh now I see.

Seems I will need to play harder than I did with getting on first place comparing to both teams.

Thanks for response!