Mr. Green Gaming

PETITION TO REMOVE THE THOUSANDS OF SHITTY MAPS!

(BTW, this isn't really a petition... It's more of a rant post.)

Come on, we've all had the feeling of playing shitty maps and wanting them deleted.

Shouldn't the administration here do something about it, and listen to the people? If everyone who has ever played on the L4G MTA server had a vote to see if they would want to delete the crappy maps, most would easily want to do so.

What should happen? Add a /votedelete command. Have only registered users be able to use it, which usually consists of all of the normal players who have a brain and won't abuse the command. If the majority of people use that command, then the map and all of its contents will be deleted from the server and all existence.

OR, the admins can give a select bunch of people FTP access to the server to go through the maps that should be deleted manually.

So there you go... A few simple solutions to the crap fest that is the MTA server. Rarely will you come across a map that doesn't have more dislikes than likes.

I agree with this, I think the voting option is a good idea, the administration should review the votes every 2 weeks or so to get rid of the crappy maps on the server but I'm afraid players could abuse this command and end up voting maps that are actually good, I don't know if it could actually happen but it's a possibility.

Edited by warp.

I agree with this, I think the voting option is a good idea, the administration should review the votes every 2 weeks or so to get rid of the crappy maps on the server but I'm afraid players could abuse this command and end up voting maps that are actually good, I don't know if it could actually happen but it's a possibility.

What you said is better than my idea (in regards to the command). Instead of having it delete the map instantly (as I proposed), it would be sent to admins/mods for consideration at a later date.

There indeed a lot of horrible maps in the server.

But I doubt admins (I suppose binslayer is only active admin with ftp access) have time to test every map that get votemapped for delete (If that is even possible).

Worst maps I can think of atm:

DrA-FirstThinkThenJump (or something like that)

SanAndreas SR - los santos stage

Edited by hulpje

BinSlayer will never remove shitty maps.

End of story.

Oh yeah... I forgot that he believes in having an equal good-shitty map ratio. And he's lazy as fuck.

There are many people who would be willing to volunteer to at least keep a list of maps that should be removed so that someone can mass delete them whenever they have time.

I've volunteered a couple of times... I'd love to sort them all out. Never got the green light though.

I think /votedelete after which the map gets deleted is a very bad idea. A few weeks later we will have nothing left.

The only solution: Admins should stop being lazy and start testing the maps. When BOTH the players and the admins think the map is not good enough, it gets deleted. And again I'd love to help.

Edited by BlueYoshi97
  • 2 months later...

I agree whole heartedly with deleting the sucky maps!

I mean, why the fuck should I, or anyone else, donate to the server when something as fundamental to the community as the quality of maps is dictated by just one person?!

It's a fucking joke and I'm not going to donate because of it... I'd also ask others to not donate in protest too.

You can always try to accept the maps. I have the feeling there's only 20 - 30 maps in the server that people love, and they hate all the other maps. Meaning they hate everything they don't love. Meaning they are spoiled brats that don't wanna pay because they'll never get the best of the best of the best. We still have many players for a server where players complain on pretty much every map except Never The Same.

No offense, but asking others to NOT donate, will probably NOT make this server better.

But then again, maybe you ARE right, cuz the admins have promised a lot of times they were going to clean the maps, but they never did. Hell, they even promised to fix the bugs in buggy maps. Then I reported maps like RubberDuck Racing and Jareh_Raceh which are REALLY GREAT maps except they have a HUGE bug in them that RUINS the whole map, and this has been here for YEARS! And they are still here.

And yes I refer to the admins with THEY because I (as I said a million times) would love to do this (cleaning the server, removing bad maps and fixing bugs in maps), but I don't have the rights. So yeah...

Edited by BlueYoshi97

we've already given priority to well-rated maps..

The problem is that the definition of a shitty map is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm sure that when you think a map is shitty, there are other people in the server who think it's awesome. We simply can't satisfy everyone.

I'm only sorry you're this furious for no real reason.

If there 80 dislikes and 10 likes because MTA-king made a nice map where to follow a highway for 10 constructive minutes I doubt you should give those 10 likes what they want.

You wouldn't accept these kind of maps currently either...

You're talking out of your .. errr

There is -NO- map in the server that has that many dislikes AND that I haven't re-tested/deleted.

If it has THAT many dislikes AND it wasn't deleted already, it means the map is actually good but the players whine too much because they either fail at completing it or they simply lack common sense, in which case the map doesn't get deleted because we do have lots of skilled players for it too.

Edited by BinSlayer

If there 80 dislikes and 10 likes because MTA-king made a nice map where to follow a highway for 10 constructive minutes I doubt you should give those 10 likes what they want.

You wouldn't accept these kind of maps currently either...

You're talking out of your .. errr

There is -NO- map in the server that has that many dislikes AND that I haven't re-tested/deleted.

If it has THAT many dislikes AND it wasn't deleted already, it means the map is actually good but the players whine too much because they either fail at completing it or they simply lack common sense, in which case the map doesn't get deleted because we do have lots of skilled players for it too.

What about broken maps... with ramps that aren't positioned properly so when you hit them it randomly flips your car out in an unexpected direction fucking up your race, for example.

Me and other regulars have offered to fix them, but no.

Until something changes to make mr.greens more community orientated I'm sure as hell not going to give you any of my hard earned money.

Edited by mr.dogshit